Search results

1. F

Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

"To answer the #1 question people ask: YES, Drew is covered under insurance. But out of pocket expenses can be huge. I'm not even worrying about it now, but later it will hit us." Right....... This GoFundMe crap is such a scam. Perhaps the insurance should deny him coverage for not being...
  2. F

It’s basically the flu…

You know that Australia consistently ranks quite high on various Freedom and Democracy indexes right? Like top 5. And that the United States ranks below the great nations of Romania and Mongolia? (Cato institute is a bit more generous on there rankings)...
  3. F

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Yes, it does matter. Context is important. You wouldn't compare trench warfare fighting in WWI to today's combat. Same goes for the way we fight and treat diseases. But sure, there could be worse ones in the future. Although, the mRNA vaccine could be a revolutionary breakthrough that would...
  4. F

Mike Lindell (My Pillow guy) supports the coup......

So first off, it was reported on CNN (same article as before, see paragraph 2). Secondly, it looks like the fire was set outside the building on the street. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/us/portland-protests-wednesday/index.html (Here is another link...
  5. F

Did they actually burn down the mayor's condo?
  6. F

A quick google search proves they were on the news: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/us/portland-protests-100-nights/index.html https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/trump-supporters-counter-protesters-clash-in-portland-90871877968...
  7. F

Note, I said recent history. Not over a hundred years ago when virology wasn't even a thing and we didn't have modern medicine. Proof of the virus didn't come until 1933. There were no antiviral drugs or antibiotics at the time (to treat secondary infections). Try going with something in the...
  8. F

I'm not really interested in debating you. I don't find you to be worth the time and my response was for Stringcheese. Have a good day.
  9. F

I see we are going with the feelz over facts. Such a pity.
  10. F

Okay, well compare it to other viruses then. Do you recall the flu, or other pandemics in recent history, killing this many people a day? (factoring in that we didn't social distance during those). Me neither.
  11. F

Scary times
  12. F

Yeah, it is annoying. Perhaps if that is a way for folks to socialize without gathering indoors, then it is good from that perspective. But I do see them rolling up in the same car, which defeats the purpose. I am more of a solo surfer. I don't like having to wait on others to get their stuff...
  13. F

Newsom moves goal posts AGAIN....

I really don't need your offhanded political commentary on the matter. That doesn't add anything of value in a discussion over SB50 and its potential merits/downsides (also in terms of fixing the housing crisis). If you want to continue down that path, then I see no further use in discussing the...
  14. F

Go ahead and lay out your issues with SB 50. I'd like to hear them. You are also going to have to put up other solutions to fix the housing crisis in CA, not just agree with point #2. Big problems require big solutions.
  15. F

It is a pretty complicated issue to be honest. I am hesitant to talk about, even though I studied urban planning and work in affordable housing real estate development/finance. Once you have worked in this field for a bit, you see the challenges involved with getting anything built in the state...
  16. F

Not sure I ever said you didn't care. I don't think it is reasonable to expect them to wear masks indoors in their own homes. The key point is to provide them with adequate housing, adequate healthcare, and bring down case rates overall so they don't get it in the first place.
  17. F

Them not wearing masks is false. I work in low income communities, specifically one in Santa Ana at moment. There is a high level of mask wearing in this community and when I drive around Santa Ana. Much better than the wealthier communities. We have had people die of COVID19 in the affordable...
  18. F

How should resisting arrest work out?

If you try to minimize the number of police shootings by saying it is a small percentage of the actual population, you are being dishonest. That doesn't somehow excuse it as being acceptable. The U.S. ranks somewhere between Iran and Angola in terms of police shootings per capita (yes, the...
  19. F

Observation of American behavior in the age of Covid.

Yes, New Jersey and other parts of the Northeast seem to be doing well. This is probably because they got hit so hard in the first wave so A) you probably had a lot of folks infected, creating some immunity in that portion of the population B) people are taking things much more seriously. I...
  20. F

I don't know anyone who has died from drinking and driving. Doesn't mean it isn't dangerous and I shouldn't do it.