Search results

1. bluengreen

1-3 for eternity

Beige auras rise from moms swathed in Aloha trucker hats and athleisure, their toned and tanned bodies advertising collagen powder, pilates, inspirational throw pillows. Little "dudes" Ogden, Decker, Yancy, and Kai tramp on the path atop a bush-covered bank where Cayotes are rumored to...
  2. bluengreen

Why Aren't We Talking About Aliens?

A former Air Force intelligence officer told Congress that the U.S. government has a longstanding program that retrieves UFOs. And he also said that "Nonhuman biologics have been found at crash sites." No one cares unless the ETs are coming here to solve inflation or introduce a new CI model, I...
  3. bluengreen

I'm a Logboarder Now

Couple years ago on SF Bay C-List I picked up this 9'6 Joyride shaped by Sean Keany. Took it out now and again when the beachies were small and clean, but never really got over the hump with the cross-stepping, line-drawing, positioning etc needed to properly ride the thing old school style...
  4. bluengreen

Work Sucks

Let me get this straight ... We collectively agree to leave our families and slave away for 8+ hours a day. Come home totally spent, without the time or energy to meaningfully connect with spouse and kids, let alone do the chores and all the other life management that comes with being a...
  5. bluengreen

Petal to the Metal Surfboards

These caught my eye on IG and Foam and Function is doing some US imports. Glass work looks t!ts and Margo rides them. Who is the shaper? Any Ozzies have a ride report on the thrusters? :cheers:
  6. bluengreen

RIP Tom Verlaine

Incredible songwriter and guitarist. Marquee Moon is an absolute masterpiece.
  7. bluengreen

Recent French Protests

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/10/18/explainer-why-are-workers-striking-and-protesting-across-france French workers have balls. A hearty salut and bon chance to the frogs on this forum, unless they are bankers or fossil fuel execs! :cheers:
  8. bluengreen

Body Surging

I recently started body surging so I could wave-ride while my knee is still healing. In the past, it was only something I did occasionally if I happened to be at a shorebreak spot with no board. This time around I'm swimming out at OBSF without fins or paipo. Just body. It's an incredible...
  9. bluengreen

Who's Out there Getting Pitted?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Chf4ibGhWkZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  10. bluengreen

Stab in the erBB

If active members of the design forum had to collaborate on a board design for a clean head-high point wave, what monstrosity would they create? I don't mean voting on a one design vs. another. I mean mashing the tastes, trends, and perversions of the "community" into a single board design. I...
  11. bluengreen

Kauai in July

Going on a surf trip to the South Shore of Kauai in July. Flight and lodging booked. Any tips about what to pack in terms of boards and gear? Secret spots :p ?
  12. bluengreen

Hypto Krypto

Tell me about this board. I'm 10 years late to the party and could not find a thread. Here's what I know. Ando shreds it in sick waves. Noel and Craig liked it. It turns a nice earthy shade of yellow. I'm going to grab my favorite drink and enjoy the show.
  13. bluengreen

Blacks

How big does it get? What do you ride when it's maxing?
  14. bluengreen

Morning High Tides

These have been killing the 9-5ers game all fall and winter. Can anyone explain why the high tides have been happening primarily in the mornings rather than rotating through a 24 hour period? I could consult a scientific source, by why do that with access to the erBB braintrust?
  15. bluengreen

Rate your Skillz

If surfing was a video game, and you had to rate your character out of 10 in key skills categories, what would you give yourself? Bluengreen - Tube riding - 4 (I can make it in, but it's hard to get out.) Frontside snaps/cutbacks - 8 (Hi-ya!) Lip bashing - 5 (hard to get above 10:30) Airs - 0...
  16. bluengreen

Goodbye, Shortboards - A Personal Manifesto

Yes, I'm that asshole who is selling his remaining HP thrusters and keeping fishes, midlengths, and logs. They are easier to surf and more functional in 95% of waves I ride. I surf better on these boards than I do on a HPSB. I don't care about contest standard ripping. I can rip as hard as I am...
  17. bluengreen

Neal Purchase Jnr.

Boards look fire and the guy surfs great. Twin fins, channels, Australian foam. How is there not a thread on these yet? Also, twin fin placement, anyone?
  18. bluengreen

Micah Beutz Surfboards

Not sure about the ride, but the resin swirls and finish are as good as I've seen on the internets. My IRL bro just copped this one. Looks insane. Any of you SD cats riding these?
  19. bluengreen

Old Logs

Looking for an old log for sliding the super small days. I guess max glide is the goal. I've seen some interesting vintage stuff beat to hell on CList, but I'm not exactly sure what I should be selecting for except that it should be long. Thoughts on these...
  20. bluengreen

Salsa Reviews the Sharp Eye Infernal 72

Northern Shores, you're gonna love this one, buddy. GG, maybe not so much. One thing we can agree on is that the music rocks!