Search results

1. P

The Official OBSF Support Group

Maybe he sucked down a floater of fentanyl while paddling out.
  2. P

stretch boards support and board pron thread

We all have 2 or 3 by now. Get with the program.
  3. P

Cerritos/Pescadero Baja Sur

The Rock is beginner friendly point break. It's worth driving up to La Fortuna. It has a cool desert nomad vibe. A lot of point breaks up that way. 9 palms is popular with beginners too. Be careful with urchins, do not try to stand up on the rocks, or wear reef shoes.
  4. P

Cerritos/Pescadero Baja Sur

I just got back from Cabo. You might want to check out La Fortuna/9 Palms instead for surf with all the south swell hurricane waves. I think Cerritos/pescadero, anything pacific side work better with north winter swells. The Rock and Zippers are fun too with nice accommodations nearby. My...
  5. P

stretch boards support and board pron thread

I let my friend in Nica borrow my 33L 2win for a week. He weighs maybe 120lbs after eating. I watched him flub air reverses on his old potato chip 24L board, which made me think more volume might help. Riding the 2win he was easily boosting at least another foot over the lip and landing...
  6. P

Anchor Brewing...DONE

Anchor Steam was my daily driver, but I did start to notice these past couple years that it has been harder to find in local grocery stores. My friend said they got bought out by Sopporo years ago, and they never figured out how to market it to cash in on the hipster IPA california craze. It's...
  7. P

My point exactly. Same reason why no bart in Livermore or Gilroy. I guess technically you can make the argument BART stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit, but there is no direct connection from Bart to Amtrak or any other public rapid transportation service because of baby boomer hippies keep...
  8. P

Also, the biggest problem is there are not enough lines/routes. Muni also sucks. Transferring over to a bus to make a connection to another line is horrible. Try taking bart out of the airport to get to the train station. Oh wait, you cant. You have to go to the bus station then that will...
  9. P

Housing isn't the only problem. BART is nearly useless for commuting now as well. You can find affordable housing outside of east bay, like tracy or vacaville etc.. but no way will they ever get BART to run out there. The NIMBY's in those areas constantly vote against any sort of BART...
  10. P

Is it possible for our city to get any worse? Years of NIMBY b.s preventing real affordable housing. Stupid ass rent control and TIC crap laws. And this is the backlash instead. If it goes up, then expect the rest of the coast line to look like that monstrosity. No more offshore winds...
  11. P

The Machine Elves came to visit last night....

Moses might have been high on DMT. The burning bush was likely Acacia. That's the tree you see in all those Egyptian hieroglyphics. Ayahuasca plant is actually not DMT, it's the MAOI that allows the stomach to digest DMT from some other source like Mimosa Hostilis. A lot of plants have DMT...
  12. P

Making waves: These women are challenging ‘skinny and hairless’ surfing stereotypes

I personally like having a bit of insulation in cold water. Then there is Lynn Cox.
  13. P

SF beatdown

Silent quitting.
  14. P

YouTube Channels

Panasonic/Olympus micro 4/3 system is pretty good for better than gopro quality, but not totally breaking the bank. 4k video at 20MP, stereo sound recording, and underwater housings. A lot of different options in camera bodies and lenses. Plus, you can find adapters easy for other lens mounts...
  15. P

The illegal street vendors have taken over the boardwalk and I’m a bit pissed about it.

What kind of house did you find in San Diego for only $700K on the beach? Anything I see on the market is like $2-3M for a condo size, which would put you in the $20-30Kyear tax bracket if you bought today. Or are you riding your bike in all the way from the desert and then claiming its your...
  16. P

The illegal street vendors have taken over the boardwalk and I’m a bit pissed about it.

Obviously that's not true because if it was no one would buy that crap and they would leave. But, your neighbors are buying so they remain to serve a public need. I can see being pissed of you just built a new $5M restaurant on the beach and paying $50K/year in taxes only to have mom and pop...
  17. P

just to let the elephant out of the closet. Poor people trying to make a living in a capitalistic society = bad Rich people using the law to keep their neighborhoods gentrified = good
  18. P

How’s the stock market?

Exactly, imagine if hitler had VR to go blow his load instead. Friends of mine have made careers in second life marketplace over the pandemic.
  19. P

Different strains....

I think sungrown outdoor is the way to go. If someone only cares about just getting stoned, they should stick to vape, edibles or tincutures. Smoking flower is for the connoisseur. It's like cigars or coffee, different soil locations give you flavor of the land. OG used to mean ocean grown...
  20. P

Staged vs continuous rocker.

I tried these fins. There was nothing really magical about them. My theory is at slower speeds its adding drag, but once it gets enough speed to build up the boundary layer it should go faster. The dimples are on the curved side of the fin, so if its reducing drag there, then you will get...