Search results

1. noise

Tomo MPH

Endorfins the same as K2.1 Similar fins in Futures are the WCT, P6 and the CI Pivot (though this one doesn't have a smaller back fin)
  2. noise

Tomo MPH

The recent videos of Tomo on the sci fi looks a lot better under his feet.
  3. noise

Pyzel Ghost?

Yep, sounds right. I'm a touch under 6 foot, 180lbs and ride a stock 6'0
  4. noise

Surfboard volume = your weight / 6

Paddle as forward on the board as you can, stay as low as you can but arch your back just enough. Think about paddling 'into' the wave not 'onto' the wave. Someone mentioned bodysurfing. That is a good way of thinking about it.
  5. noise

Surfboard volume = your weight / 6

Works perfect for me at age 41. I'm about 180lbs and ride 30L.
  6. noise

Mens CT Dims from Stab

I know my technique isn't anywhere near pro level but it isn't beginner level. And I do go to the gym 3 times a week (always including legs lol). This was last month on a stock 6'0 ghost 29ish litres. The picture on my avatar is the same board.
  7. noise

Mens CT Dims from Stab

Hmm. Im a smidge under 6 foot and 81 kg and I ride 29-30L. Anything over that feels too boaty. I'm surprised I'm riding the same (in some cases less) literage as CT guys.
  8. noise

Can we talk about Channel Islands?

When did this get introduced? I've been going almost every year since 2000 and always take 3-4 boards. Last visit was in October last year. Never paid a tax? Are you talking about specific airlines?
  9. noise

Probably just Bali and maybe Asia? There is a CI store in Seminyak and Padang / Bingin area
  10. noise

Yep Onboard at Mona Vale still do the CI's. Spinetek done in a different factory though.
  11. noise

Surf Trip Anxiety

Nope. It's easy. Always take a smaller wave shortboard, a good wave shortboard and a step up a few inches longer than my shortboard. All bases covered.
  12. noise

Tomo MPH

Go the 5'6. I've had a go of my mates 5'6 and it is the right size for me. He's 6'1 but a bit lighter than you. I'm 80kg and it was perfect for me.
  13. noise

Aipa Mayhem Collab

Off topic to the thread but how did you size the thickness for your 5150 (im assuming you mean Stretch 5150)? Did you go much lower than you normally would due to the flat deck?
  14. noise

Tomo MPH

Just on the bolded bit. They re-constructed the original round tail FRK in ibolic as well as the Sci Fi 2 grom boards in ibolic. Both were previously in LFT. I'm still hopeful the Sci fi 2 gets the ibolic treatment. Just call it the sci fi 3 and pretend its a new model haha
  15. noise

Slater Designs FRK Plus

I thought the exact same thing.
  16. noise

Slater Designs FRK Plus

These are all too narrow. If each size had about a quarter of an inch more width they would be much more user friendly.
  17. noise

Pyzel White Tiger

I also saw a Next Ghost pictured on your website. Is this a new model too?
  18. noise

Tomo MPH

Ha funny you say that because I also asked Firewire Aus the same thing in October re. the sci fi 2 in Ibolic and got the same response. I also figured maybe they are over stocked and trying to sell everything they have first. I ended up just buying another sci fi 2. My mate got the Revo and...
  19. noise

Tomo MPH

@ReForest I know you sometimes have the inside word...Any details on when the rest of the Slater Designs/Tomo range will be coming out in Ibolic to replace LFT? Seems weird they are saying Ibolic is stronger/better but only offer it in the Revo and FRK and continue to offer the weaker LFT in...
  20. noise

Wooly review of JS Sub Xero

Yea. I got the Monstabox with a round tail and slightly slimmer dimensions to make it more of an all rounder compared to the monster