Search results

1. waxfoot

The worst thing you will see today

There, I ruined your day.
  2. waxfoot

Buckled board?

So this happened to my brother in law's board this morning, and the more I look at it, the weirder it gets. Is this, in your opinion, just a normal buckle? To me it looks like the foam underneath's fine, and a leash lacerated through the glass. What say you, of knowledgeable ones? Standard...
  3. waxfoot

Stab in the dark 2023

Because 2022 was last year.
  4. waxfoot

Design your own board in 3 easy steps

I can imagine this initiative ruffling some feathers? Saw a post by Kinaroad on their instagram that you can have your own designs manufactured by their factory, for a very reasonable price Hardly the first step in a slippery slope to surfboard "piracy", but it's more accessible than ever...
  5. waxfoot

ibolic

Ibolic, are youbolic? www.ibolic.com
  6. waxfoot

Raglansurfreport's best work yet

Sorry for "just a link" thread, but this is too good not to share. IMO, his best work yet. https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cd2c5FGlFAo/ "Asem... , Asymp... Lopsided boards"
  7. waxfoot

How far do you live from "your local" surf spot?

No particular reason for asking, just curious :) I'm about 10ish minutes' drive (depending if I get caught by a couple of traffic lights). Wish I could afford a house within walking distance, but moaning about 10ish minutes' drive is the epitome of first world problems :D What's your...
  8. waxfoot

**Official** Margies Wozzle Contest **Official**

Forecast's looking pretty epic; https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-analysis/2021/04/27/margaret-river-pro-forecast I'd love to see a few days out at North point. I bet there's a bit of nervousness among some of the competitors, not to mention the salmon runs... :D
  9. waxfoot

Pro surfers & beer: License to print money?

https://stabmag.com/elsewhere/jordy-smiths-latest-venture-beer/ With incumbent brands no longer throwing the big money around, it seems like there's a bit of a template to follow to "diversify"for ageing pros. Mick Fanning and co cashes in on millions with full fat Balter, Taj Burrow does a low...
  10. waxfoot

A meaningless thread about nothing - what's your volume to weight ratio?

Yeap, all the caveats aside (conditions, board type, time of year and just the fact it's bullshit and is just a mathematical result of the board's dimensions and design, etc etc) . As in the title, this thread is totally pointless and has no meaning, but somewhat interesting nonetheless. My...
  11. waxfoot

What was your fastest custom turnaround?

In my 28 years of surfing, I just experienced the quickest custom board order turnaround, during a time when custom orders are taking longer than ever... and I just had to make a thread to brag about it. Obviously if you're a pro, shape your own boards or are super close with a shaper the...
  12. waxfoot

Schroff is at it again

Gotta say, the tshirt is kinda awesome too
  13. waxfoot

Firewire issues

...maybe he wasn't able to get a custom? @Havoc , is this you?
  14. waxfoot

The evolution of the surfboard (I need help)

Brainstrust, misfits and weirdos of the ERBB, I need your help. Some years ago, I bought a bunch of mini shaped surfboards from a shaper that was down on his luck to help the dude out (he didn;t even laminate the top side of the board to save money), and I decided to create a wall art piece out...
  15. waxfoot

Jordy

Can sarf sarfborts well
  16. waxfoot

A voice of reason among the shouts of madness

As an outsider I find it a bit tacky to chirp into foreign politics, particularly on US politics given the very divisive nature of every single topic (even this very forum is infested with left vs right on basically everything, no one seems to sit in the middle), but felt this monologue is too...
  17. waxfoot

Problem generating speed on a new board

So, it's time to swallow my pride and lay myself bare to public scrutiny ... fuck it, here's a long read for ya. I don't want to write off the board based on 4 surfs, but at the same time, we so seldom get sick waves and I don't wanna spend that time we have on a board I don't like, so turning...