Search results

1. S

The COIL review thread

Can't say as I've never had the hawaiia lam. Kirk did mention that the smooth tech would be 'beefier' and 'stronger' than the standard dimple lam, which is their lightest glassing schedule.
  2. S

The COIL review thread

I saw that in person the other day when I sold a few boards there (had to pay for my new Coil 2 pack!). Great looking board. I was tempted to snag it but I think it's a little on the small side for me.
  3. S

The COIL review thread

5'10 x 22.5 @ 39.6 liters 6'6" x 20 @ 38 liters
  4. S

The COIL review thread

Just wanted to let everyone know I had the most insanely fun session on the orange fish the other day. Small, peaky, high tide newport beach evening session. Went to the beach with low expectations but honestly had so much fun. I've never had a board connect sections like this. There weren't...
  5. S

The COIL review thread

Yep! I went back and forth with Kirk on the glassing schedule and mentioned that I really like durable boards. We decided on a smooth finish on both boards and I gotta say it is amazing. I did have one used coil a few years back in the dimple tech and this feels very different. Less "pingy"...
  6. S

The COIL review thread

So I had a 5'8" seaside that I loved but could tell going up a notch or two in size would help. Kept the quads and used them in the board this morning and, as you said, it was money.
  7. S

The COIL review thread

BRING ON THE FRESHNESS! These are my first Coils. Kirk was an absolute pleasure to deal with. We have over FIFTY emails going back and forth on these boards. The guy is insanely accommodating and knowledgeable. He called me a few times just to discuss things in greater detail. 5'10" seaside...
  8. S

What Happened to the Coil Thread?

any update? I still can't find it
  9. S

What Happened to the Coil Thread?

I also looked for it the other day and couldn't find it so I don't think it's user error