Search results

1. H

Dumpster Diver 2

Looking at the shape of the DFR these days... I can't believe I went through two of those things
  2. H

Hipster midlengthers despair: Your poster boy has jumped ship.

Agree with this - He surfs mids where they should be surfed, overhead+ points. I have a 6'8 that only comes out in that kind of wave. It's an absolute blast. Long enough to get in early, but can still carve it if you lean into it. Only time it's fun in beach break is if it's overhead but high...
  3. H

*** Official Shark Thread ***

Not shark related. But I'm pretty sure I saw an Orca on the Zuma cam this afternoon. Check the main Zuma Beach surfline cam starting at 2pm, can see something with a very large fin blow air and thrash around for almost 30 minutes in the same area. Too big to be a dolphin. Pretty wild. Can see...
  4. H

East Coast I Love you

Aside from a surf trip, there is no wave i'd rather surf more than a barreling east coast beach break during a september/october hurricane swell. Been on both coasts plenty and those days are burned into my memory. East coast has its ups and downs, but it's a special place even with the flat spells
  5. H

TK Chas japan surfer biggest surfboard collection

i am jealous of his cars/house combo. Not jealous of the 3,000 4'11 fishes in his shed. But I'm jealous of the cash required to get them
  6. H

San Clemente HOMELESS residents herded into bus and DUMPED in Dana Point for WSL finals.

can they come to my neighborhood next and bus them out too? was trying to eat lunch in my car today and saw 2 bare man asses (and more) in like 10 minutes of sitting there. fyi there's a school nearby. :barf:
  7. H

*** Official Shark Thread ***

I looked at that spot once when i was passing through the area. Waves looked pretty fun, but not a chance i was setting foot in there, the water gave me the creeps. Wish i had the nerves to give it a go but i'm too big of a poosey for that stretch of coast :shark:
  8. H

*** Official El Nino 2023/2024 Thread ***

what's the deal with the lack of bars? Is there a specific reason it's been basically unsurfable at a lot of beach breaks for too long now? Storms washed away sand with none being deposited back, or lack of big storms? Just cyclical? I admittedly don't know much beyond speculation
  9. H

Surf Buddy or Nobody?

solo 95% of the time, other 5% meet up with 1-2 friends if its really nice out and want to make more of a day out of it. Separate cars
  10. H

Pirates in SF Bay. Not me.

this is honestly fkin hilarious
  11. H

Shark Attack - Marin County

I was surfing a beach break in NSW outside of Sydney on a cloudy day. The water was a little murkier than usual but clear enough that you could see when there was upwelling on the bottom. A set was out the back but still 15-20 seconds away. I looked down and saw a GW swim directly under me...
  12. H

KALIFORNIA ..... OFICIALMENTE DONE!!!!

Well the zero bail stuff makes my catalytic converter feel like a ticking time bomb out there
  13. H

Surfboard: from love to hate.

Always happens to me when switching between types of boards... spend a month or so on a fish/foamier board then get on a hpsb and feels like I have to change everything. I just gotta make sure nobody is around on that first session back :toilet:
  14. H

wsl 2024 schedule

Well i'd rather watch them surf a decent swell at ocean beach than trestles
  15. H

wsl 2024 schedule

Trestles is boring to watch. Fun to surf but boring as hell to watch over and over again
  16. H

*** Official Rip Curl WSL Finals Contest Thread ***

havent watched an event this year before this one, but it's gotten really weird. Will always tune into the tropics/hawaii events where it's firing though, thats very entertaining. Not sold on trestles in a final 5 format
  17. H

I will say though, at this point, the airs don't even feel "progressive" when we've seen them all before. It's just a different specialization. Toledo specializes in light footed stuff in smaller waves, EE is heavy footed and it's subjective. But I don't think calling an air reverse progressive...
  18. H

Felipe is made for these waves, I just prefer EE's turns because the power isn't even close
  19. H

Can't put much more into a turn than that second one from EE
  20. H

EE was absolutely demolishing those waves jeez