Search results

1. B

Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

Every one is getting played. Where is Don King. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_White_Hype
  2. B

Cloudbreak what the fvck

Everyone is wearing floatation in those videos, is anyone still getting two wave hold downs with all that padding?
  3. B

Bye, Bye prime San Diego beach parking…

live in pb. my neighbor has a ton of bushes and trees in the little space between the sidewalk and the street. Also a few blocks from churches that feed people in need. It’s really popular with the van lifers. I park my car there to try and keep people from camping there. Someone dumped their...
  4. B

Pro surfers/no insurance/begging for money on GoFundMe

If I was good enough to surf pipe and could get it with just three other people out I would enter. Id probably just sit on the shoulder if they were holding it in proper conditions.
  5. B

Logic has eluded Zeke

the eddy swell there was historic.
  6. B

Entire west coast about to get some action

the San nic cdip buoy was the biggest of the coastal buoys.
  7. B

Entire west coast about to get some action

Hopefully someone got out to cortez bank, nice wind out there and the San nic buoy is going off.
  8. B

Entire east coast about to get some action.

We (myself and my PhD physical oceangraphy) don’t agree with that statement at all. Been talking about it in the truck while driving through Central Valley hell. It’s changed to a shallow water wave for a 100 miles. Tidal currents and the overall storm surge probably help to counter act the...
  9. B

Shark Attack - Marin County

The elephant seals are all over the northern Channel Islands by the thousands. I saw one while paddy hopping off San Diego three weeks ago. We need some grizzly bears and natives to start eating them again.
  10. B

Newfoundland?

not Newfoundland, that was Nova Scotia two years ago for a huge hurricane swell. We went back to shore because the eye passed directly over our work site. So many epic waves.
  11. B

Newfoundland?

St. John’s is cool. Went to L’anse aux meadows which was fun but seems like a stretch to me how they came up with the idea. The accent is thick there.
  12. B

Want to see the Titanic?

they probably paid him a bunch of money to go and show that the company was Legit
  13. B

Want to see the Titanic?

of all the forums in the world, you don’t think a surfing forum has oceanographers or ocean engineers? Who do you get you surf forecasts from a bunch of quilters? I know of a couple of other marine scientists on here, but they don’t so say much. My wife with the ph.d. in physical oceanography...
  14. B

Want to see the Titanic?

no manned submersibles. Most were bottom landers with bottom pressure sensors and inverted echo Sounders. They had acoustic modems attached we would download data from between deployment and recovery. It is similar to what is used for tsunami detection. We were using them for calculating sea...
  15. B

Want to see the Titanic?

ya, probably. Any moron can send something to the bottom of the ocean. But I made money because I get things back from 5000m deep, 5100m was the deepest. I happily don’t do it anymore because I got tired of working for a psychopath just like the owner of ocean gate. He liked the young...
  16. B

Want to see the Titanic?

I love how everyone became an oceanography/ocean engineer overnight, just like how everyone was a md when covid came out.
  17. B

Residential solar panels - do they make financial sense?

Add 10% more panels than you think you need.
  18. B

Morro Bay - World's Largest Lithium Battery Storage Plant

Ya, but if you get your bs paper out ahead of the game even if it’s full of lies then it works.
  19. B

Morro Bay - World's Largest Lithium Battery Storage Plant

It’s because of all the offshore wind power projects trying to get built on the lower central coast. The batteries make it viable. A lot of wind energy companies have been cranking out the turbines in Texas. The upper central coast is nothing but endless national marine sanctuaries. There is...