Search results

1. Hazrus

DHD MF Eclipse

I just saw one of these on Gumtree, basically brand new, for just under $300US equivalent. It was in my size and was near to where I work, so I thought the responsible course of action was to buy it. I figure I can offload it for a similar price if it turns out like a Slater Great White Turd...
  2. Hazrus

Stab EAST 2023 - Shaun Manners

Gentlemen, It's time for it's own thread. I watched the first episode. As an Aussie, it's good to see Aussie shapers involved and there definitely looks like a good mix of board styles. It is also refreshing to see that Chunny (Shaun) is not shy to call out the boards he doesn't like. I must...
  3. Hazrus

Firewire cancels FCS

This article from Swellnet states that firewire are going to be Futures-exclusive from now on. While I prefer futures myself, the reasons Mark Price gives are laughable and Stu from Swellnet sees right through that. I wonder if this will have any effect on the market?
  4. Hazrus

RANT: fin boxes with twin fins

Within the last 6 months, I've had 3 separate fin box issues on twin fins without hitting anything; just from surfing. Two of the boxes just cracked and were loose, needing a reset. The other one just ripped right out while doing a bottom turn. Two were Futures boxes, the other was FCS2. All...
  5. Hazrus

New HS board models - for black friday

To differentiate himself from the standard x% off black friday sale, Hayden has made some new designs. I'm not convinced they will all work, but there are some interesting concepts for sure. For me, the twin pin holy grail would be worth at least feeling up in the shop. Take me to the boards
  6. Hazrus

Haydenshapes Misc.

Anyone tried one of these? Noel Salsa gave it a favourable review, but I'm looking for honest feedback.
  7. Hazrus

Cabianca DFK review - 4 surfs in

I found this used on Gumtree here in Oz and had just snapped a CI fever. I’d heard good things about Jonny’s boards and thy looked different so I thought I’d take a chance on it. Dimensions: 6’1 x 19 3/8? x 2 9/16 @31.4L Rounded squash tail with really rounded corners - sort of between a squash...
  8. Hazrus

Just snapped my Fever. What next?

All, I just snapped my CI Fever round tail today. Pretty bummed as it was an amazing board for me... For its replacement, I am limited to 2nd hand finds on Gumtree (Craigslist here) - what do you recommend? I would only surf the board when my HS Untitled runs out of room - say around OH. A...