Search results

1. Hazrus

panda shiitake HP

The 6’4” would go great for you IMHO
  2. Hazrus

MR Twin Fins + trailer fin Performance Core

How's the flat base on the fin in the last photo??!??!?! I hope it's just the way it was photographed.
  3. Hazrus

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Reforest - good on ya for putting video of yourself out there. You've definitely improved. Having said that, I think the board looks too boaty for you - a thruster setup will help that
  4. Hazrus

Twinzer Feedback?

It's a 6'4" stock dims. About 3L more than I normally ride for HP thruster. I'd normally ride 1-2L more in a standard stepup. Honestly, if I wanted a dedicated stepup, I would just buy a round pin thruster
  5. Hazrus

Twinzer Feedback?

I've only had it a few weeks but the Panda Shiitake HP works well in as large as I've had the opportunity to surf it. So far that's just under DOH, so I suppose at the lower end of what I'd use a stepup in. I reckon it'd go well a bit bigger too.
  6. Hazrus

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

For me, it depends on: A. How much I paid for it B. How much I can get by selling it If A >> B, I'll persist. The recent example for me is the DHD Eclipseturd. I bought it off Gumtree/Marketplace for a good price and knew I could probably recoup it. I gave it 4 surfs, and mainly that was...
  7. Hazrus

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

He's a fairly quick potato though...
  8. Hazrus

HPSB 2034

I was a "relatively" early adopter of EPS (ca. 2008) and rode them almost exclusively for a few years. I then had a mix of PU and EPS until the last couple of years. Back on PU. Note: 1. Out of all the EPS boards I had, it was the wood-stringered blanks that felt best, follwed by Future Flex...
  9. Hazrus

HPSB 2034

Firm PU fan here, after a 3-4 year EPS only stint starting around 2008. The only thing that EPS is better for is a lively feeling in small waves - shoulder high or below. - It doesn't last longer - Dings in the surf = at least a week of draining water out of a board - Any chop or texture? I...
  10. Hazrus

HPSB 2034

I wonder when we'll see "relic" surfboards come into fashion?
  11. Hazrus

HPSB 2034

I think that we are well and truly in the "mature technology" phase of surfboard design. Materials? In the early 2000s I had boards with: * EPS/epoxy builds. Some with wood stringers, some with partial wood stringers (!!!). * Leaf-spring suspension" type boards. Looks like some guys in the...
  12. Hazrus

DHD MF Eclipse

$500 - 600 AUD? That's an anomaly here. Were they browner than a 6 month old Firewire?
  13. Hazrus

DHD MF Eclipse

Hayden, Chilli and CI are all within 1km of each other in Sydney northern beaches. I think the main hub for surfboard manufacturing is Tweed Heads / Southern GC though. I think CI now has a manufacturing facility up that way as well as the one here in Sydney.
  14. Hazrus

DHD MF Eclipse

I love how this thread has morphed.
  15. Hazrus

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

I reckon Yuri has been kicked in the bum by a rainbow. Who else would be that big of a kook, but still get free wetties? Probably boards too... I'd love to be in his position (but not his skill level).
  16. Hazrus

panda shiitake HP

I'd love to, but it's more than 800km north of me at the moment. Heading up in that general direction in about a month. Hopefully I'll get a similar trade swell...
  17. Hazrus

New Lost: Lost the Ripper

Another board model to bring out when you can't be bothered coming up with something new.
  18. Hazrus

panda shiitake HP

Snagged a Shiitake HP of FB marketplace yesterday. Stock 6'4" dimensions, so probably a bit oversized for me @ 86kg. Glassed-in Soar canards, ran it with T1's as that was what I had lying around. Took it for a spin today - size-wise, it's the same trade swell that's hitting NNSW and the GC now...
  19. Hazrus

DHD MF Eclipse

Yeah $450AUD is what I bought it for. It apparently retails for $1000 + $50 for a pad, so about 57% off new price for what was effectively new. Maybe that is a better comparison for the wave-starved Northern Hemisphere friends on here. And trying to sell a board with a "professionally...
  20. Hazrus

FU Wax VS Sticky bumps Super Sticky VS Tour Series For Hawaii

I've got bigger problems with my surfing ability than worrying about the brand of wax.