Search results

1. J

Ding me once, shame on you. (Is this what I think it is?)

Picked up my brand new custom board on Friday, and was dismayed to find this on it. I was told that it's a "blemish in the foam." Never heard of such a thing. Regardless of appearances, the board surfs very well.
  2. J

Longer Groveler

Does it have to be off the rack? If there isn't a Rocket Wide in the dims you're looking for, then you could always figure your volume (for your weight) and length (for your height/leg length), then adjust width and thickness accordingly. I can vouch that the RW in squash tail (and stock...
  3. J

Fred Rubble vs. Happy

True, a lot of the challenge comes from its general HPSB-ness. But I do think that by current standards it's pretty heavy on the rocker. At least, every time I've laid it belly down on my kitchen floor next to another board, both nose and tail of the Fever come out at least .5" to 1" higher. CI...
  4. J

Fred Rubble vs. Happy

Definitely get a Fever. Amazing board for an advanced surfer. Hard board to ride for an intermediate surfer, but once you get it dialed you'll have improved significantly.
  5. J

What OTR surfboard should I buy? WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

If you're talking about Stretch CFT, from the web site those seem like another variation on eps/epoxy. What do you like about them so much?
  6. J

What OTR surfboard should I buy? WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

It's heavy (to the point of clunkiness) and no where near as durable as they say. I didn't notice anything particular about the flex, but usually I don't. Lib-tech is on my list to avoid. Vastly prefer: Black Dart, Spine-tek, or good ol' Surftech Tuf-Lite. (Seems to me that Tuf-Lite is the one...