Search results

1. S

WTB - Left front GMB (large), FCS 1

Hey all, Lost my left, front GMB fin (FCS 1), my favorite set. Wondering if anyone has an orphan front fin lying about that I could buy... Has to be FCS 1 because will be going into a Lib Tech PJ. Also open to buying a full set if on the cheap. Thanks!
  2. S

WTB: Futures Controllers set (or just left front fin)

I lost my left front Controller fin. Looking to buy just that one (Futures doesn't presently have any replacement fins to sell), or a used set if I must...
  3. S

Fins for Pyzel Astro (NOT Astro Pop)

Been looking for a dedicated groveler for smaller, weaker waves (knee to belly high) around L.A. Finally picked up a used Pyzel Astro, which is the old school fish predecessor of the Astro Pop. It's a quad, 6'0, 39L, which are the right dims for my old ass... I rode it yesterday in weak but...
  4. S

Crazy CL Find - Lost V2 Grinder. FTW?

Been scouring CL for some time for a cheap, used groveler. Was mainly searching for a Puddle Jumper, Average Joe, or the like. But then this popped up at such a ridiculous price that I thought it was a mistake - figured the guy must've forgotten a zero. But no, that's all he was asking. And for...
  5. S

Is there some way to find historical posts?

There were many years of gold (gold, I say!) postings here, which I have yet to figure out how to find again. When I do a search, it just gives me posts since this new version of the board went up a couple of years ago. Is there any way to find older posts anymore?
  6. S

On CL today in L.A. - Maybe You Can Recommend Her A Good Divorce Attorney?

"Hello dear neighbors, I made a huge mistake and drove off with my husband’s new surfboard unattached to the top of my car. It must have fallen off somewhere and I didn’t notice. He is devastated. If anyone has seen a 5’11” FireWire seaside surfboard in a black creatures of leisure bag along the...
  7. S

Tips on rehabbing a meniscus tear? (Yes, posted this on Surf Doc Forum also...)

(I posted this on the "Surf Doc" forum, but since ordinarily never read that one, decided to post it here, as well): Recently, in an effort to loosen up my hip flexors, I began doing deep knee bends (no weight squats), which was very effective in improving my hip flexibility. Definitely notices...
  8. S

Tips on rehabbing a meniscus tear?

Recently, in an effort to loosen up my hip flexors, I began doing deep knee bends (no weight squats), which was very effective in improving my hip flexibility. Definitely noticed I was less stiff when popping up. But I also succeeded in aggravating my left knee, which had a full ACL...
  9. S

Rip Curl Flash Bomb $280 v. NeedEssentials Ultra Premium $235? Black Friday dilemma...

Was planning to pull the trigger on the Needs 4/3 premium with all taped and sealed seams, etc., but Rip Curl outlet has a 4/3 Flash Bomb with sealed seams on the legs for $280. My main priority is WARMTH, not flex, and also would like the suit to last for more than a season. I like all the...
  10. S

Fred Rubble vs. Happy

Picked up a used Fred Rubble on CL which I've been riding a lot lately, and I LOVE it. Great board for my heavy front foot style, super easy to catch waves on and surf, and plenty of performance for the type of waves I ride. Will be my daily driver from waist to a bit overhead, far prefer it...
  11. S

Rob Case Paddling Videos/Paddling Technique In General

This subject came up in the "volume forward boards" thread and started to dominate the discussion, so posting as a separate thread here. I've watched a few of Rob's YouTube videos, and it's been transformative for me. Finally understand the physics behind efficient paddling (Duh! And I studied...
  12. S

How come only recent posts show up in searches now?

Not sure where to post this, but every time I do a search now, I only get very recent posts showing up (even if the threads themselves are old). I'm searching the same way I did in the past, which always worked, so I don't think I'm using the search function incorrectly (because, well, I'm...
  13. S

Older dude wondering if he should be on a shorter, lower volume board...

I'm 56, 187 lbs, intermediate skills, surf in So Cal. About 5 years ago, after continuously struggling to catch waves on my normal, pointy nose shortboards, I started riding high volume, hybrid type boards (44-48 L), which got me stoked on surfing again and dramatically increased my wave count...