Search results

1. S

Can we talk about Channel Islands?

The stilts though...
  2. S

Good hooded 4/3?

I've had 2 of these and they are warm (by winter California standards, low 50s). Only issue has been internal tape coming off the seams.
  3. S

WTB - Left front GMB (large), FCS 1

Hey all, Lost my left, front GMB fin (FCS 1), my favorite set. Wondering if anyone has an orphan front fin lying about that I could buy... Has to be FCS 1 because will be going into a Lib Tech PJ. Also open to buying a full set if on the cheap. Thanks!
  4. S

Pacific Vibration Fins

I bought a set of the FCS Controllers - good quality, shipped fast, good service. I got them for a LibTech Puddle Jumper, and they felt like too much fin and stiffened the board up. But that wasn't the fins' fault. I promptly lost the left front fin (shitty LibTech boxes!), now just using the...
  5. S

Covers That Are Better Than The Originals

This is a great Dead cover. In fact, the whole album, "Day of the Dead," is worth a listen: This one by Courtney Barnett is also excellent:
  6. S

Over 50 and still surfing thread - Old Mans Point.

I knew it! See? it's NOT Biden's fault!
  7. S

Greg Allman's cover of Jackson Browne's song (the original is quite good, too): And a recent cover by Cat Power, which is f*cking amazing:
  8. S

Holy sh!t. What a band. Amazing rendition of that song. I met Bryan Ferry years ago at Bar Marmot. He actually sat across the table from me (you had to share tables there when it was busy), and I fan boy'd out and made an idiot of myself. He was completely gracious and cool. Amazing artist.
  9. S

Awesome. Not exactly a cover though, is it? Kinda like covering "Satisfaction" with Mick onstage with you. Really good though. Damn, I dig The Pixies...
  10. S

Anyone want some wine?

Hey Enframed, Just saw this thread. Very classy offer! I'm an LA local, but up north till next weekend. Will send you a PM. I'm a big Spanish and French wine fan...
  11. S

Fins for Pyzel Astro (NOT Astro Pop)

The QD2s are the rears from a set of Honeycomb F4s that came with my used Ghost when I bought it. Great fins in the Ghost, as a quad or a thruster (which is how I mainly ride it). They're a small fin set (yet surprisingly they work well for me), with a 50/50 foil. I think the Rusty Blackstix...
  12. S

I tried a set of Rusty larges (Blackstix) in the front, and QD2s (3.75) in the rear, and it went "okay." Not great. Definitely preferred it with the T1s. You may be right about the Controllers though. Might be too upright for this shape or something.I tried them in the rear and it didn't feel...
  13. S

Bit of an update: I took the Astro out yesterday in chest to head, soft County Line, and ran it with just T1 fronts, no rears. It was definitely squirrely and easy to slide out, had to nurse my bottom turns on anything steep. BUT, I got one nice sized, fairly hollow set wave where I managed...
  14. S

Wetsuit: attached hood, yay or nay?

I hated hooded suits when I had them in the past, even hated squid lids (O'Neill) when I tried them. They always fucked up my balance/spatial orientation. Couldn't hear right! I have trouble enough as it is, didn't need the added difficulty... I now have a hooded 4/3 Billabong. Doesn't mess...
  15. S

WTB: Futures Controllers set (or just left front fin)

I lost one of the yellows. But all I have now is the white Thermotech set : /
  16. S

I love those! Will send you a PM.
  17. S

I lost my left front Controller fin. Looking to buy just that one (Futures doesn't presently have any replacement fins to sell), or a used set if I must...
  18. S

I talked to a guy at the Pyzel shop, and he was basically of the opinion to try whatever, which wasn't much help... He did think the T1s by themselves might work well, but I haven't tried that yet. He didn't mention any of the split keel sets.
  19. S

Oooh. Those look good, too
  20. S

Been looking for a dedicated groveler for smaller, weaker waves (knee to belly high) around L.A. Finally picked up a used Pyzel Astro, which is the old school fish predecessor of the Astro Pop. It's a quad, 6'0, 39L, which are the right dims for my old ass... I rode it yesterday in weak but...