Search results

1. S

Swami's Park Benches

The city took 13 concrete memorial benches out "for maintenance and safety repairs". The mayor says there has been smoking, drinking, and drug use. He won't state the housing condition of the abusers though. City says "some of the benches" will be returned by Dec 1. Investigating citizens...
  2. S

New Surf Spot

And it's crowded LOL, those are not SUP's, they are pilings.
  3. S

Surf at your own risk

I went to the desert for the weekend, came home and the beach is covered. Fark beach walking for now.
  4. S

I went to the factory...

My buddy, known here as Jack Boots, asked for some help moving a surfboar. Little did I know it was 200 lb, solid red wood. The storage zone 1/2 of the destination. Jim the Genius has been known to hang out here The other side, boar in question is on the rack, needs a new fin. Boar Sig...
  5. S

Official Encinitas Politics Page

Let's talk about the candidates for mayor. Tony Kranz - entrenched, responsible for lot's of current problems Cindy Cremona - new comer, seems nice, is she tough enought? Jeff Morris - too rough on the edges, good surfer Michael Blobe - unknown, barefoot Council Races Cardiff District Julie...
  6. S

Official Tequila Thread

I hosted a tasting last night All Anejo unless noted L-R: Revoluccion, Adictivo, Don Romeo, Casa Noble, Tesoro reposado, Cuervo Reserva da Familia, Oro Azul reposado, Esperanto, Don Malaquias, Solento Surprises Adictivo - aged in French Sherry barrels. So sweet, so smooth Solento - Somehow...
  7. S

Bear Woznick

Anybody heard of this man? FTA: Bear Woznick is a World Champion tandem surfer, a ninja black belt, a licensed pilot, a scuba diver, a skydiver, and a member of the Catholic Sports Faith International Hall of Fame. He has ridden a bicycle from San Diego to Jacksonville, Florida. He has run...
  8. S

Concussions, aka CTE

Nice article in the paper today about Derek Dunfee and concussions. https://enewspaper.sandiegouniontribune.com/desktop/sdut/default.aspx?edid=c1d138fa-0db3-44df-afaa-5882ceccbbb3 I know that I have taken plenty of CTE points on hard wipeout. Anybody else worried about their necks longterm?
  9. S

Today's Forecast

Pizza Port yummy beer. But what's the source material for the photo? Is this where Doc Flav surfs?
  10. S

Earliest sunset

Today is the earliest sunset here in San Diego at 4:43 pm. Tommorrow is at 4:44. We still lose time in the mornings though for another 3 weeks. I like winter time afternoon low tides, more light in the evening => more waves for moi. Yeah guy, summer is almost here.
  11. S

Where In The World - 2020 Edition

Google Earth can be such a time suck. Here's some places I wouldn't mind visiting... I will provide a hint or two 1) Caribbean Sea 2) Southern Hemisphere, Pacific Ocean 3) Only 24 miles away from #2
  12. S

Wierd Waves w/o Be Gravy

Bulgaria. The left looks better than many spots on my local. Maybe a right slab at other side of cove? Guess they have more than one spot. I see motions of rippage in this one