Search results

1. S

Mental Health thread

They were playing on treadmills!!!!
  2. S

Youth activities

Oly is a legend! Lot's of mention of kids that don't surf. Add me to the club with 30, 28 sons. One is now a rocket scientist, the other is finishing doctorate in physical therapy. Not a bad trade. Best thing you can do is give them you. Music and art makes kids smarter. Sports instills...
  3. S

Goleta Closed - 1 Million Gallon Sewage Spill

I'm sure many cities are looking at similar numbers. Here are the upcoming rate increases for two of the poo districts in Encinitas. We will still be middle of the pack in rates. CSD - 100% ESD - 138%
  4. S

what'z on the menu?

Props for throwing in some side boob
  5. S

How’s the stock market?

Been considering for month. I call it insurance. 1 lot of way out of the money puts, could be a nice life saver.
  6. S

Professional thieves La Jolla Shores.

I use completely opposite strategy. Leave the car unlocked. Place valuables under stained underwear. Problem solved.
  7. S

Please name some of the cities on both sides of this.
  8. S

Thus, the local water districts will be raising their rates. Lake Hodges is our cheapest source of water. Now we have to buy more expensive water. Oh, did I forget that we also have the 50 year old county infrastructure to fixt? LOL, NPSP already knew this via my weekly Encinitas news letter
  9. S

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Surfed down the road. Caught zero waves in 1.5 hours. Wound up paddling inside, got caught inside, rode in on my belly. At least I didn't have my boar wack me in the thigh like the other guy I chatted with that also caught zero waves. Say hi to Southside Johnny and Mumbles for me when you go...
  10. S

Sand Replenishment in San Diego

Over 50 years, all the beaches will get some love.
  11. S

Miserable people

"Nobody listens to Turtle"
  12. S

Careful of the latest scams

circa 2010, I worked at a spooky place. We were using voice recordings to identify speakers. Think Star Wars cantina with your google glasses scanning the room for specific voice signatures. The commercial side plans were to use voice recordings as a secondary, behind the scenes, authentication...
  13. S

San O Done

Not the only messed up state beach. I've heard rumors of permanent closure and another for more rip-rap.
  14. S

CA storm this weekend

BR's route to the beach. Has to get past the Leucadia Land Sharks.
  15. S

San O Done

E-bikes + no van lifers = fun
  16. S

*With a commitment to maintaining a positive space for all, we have disabled our comments. Thank you for your understanding.

This, Never ever have wanted a RipCurl suit. Even back in the 80's many called the brand RipGurl. RE Bud Light, the whole outrage was actually a way for people to freely admit they don't like that brand and comfortably switch to Modelo Especial.
  17. S

Caught inside

I admit it, I bailed on one yesterday. Mostly cuz I didn't trust the kid in front of me.
  18. S

Glass on vs Futures - unscientific experiment….

yes. The fillet provides better flow. Water tends to "pile up" or "puddle" at the intersection of the boar and fin. The fillet is more hydrodynamic. And probably provides better hold