Search results

1. erik1938

Surf comp Winner

Rick Kane just won the 1st annual Arizona surf comp. What do you think
  2. erik1938

For sale Custom surf art

I am selling this custom art piece I just finished. Can you imagine sharing this vintage piece of art with friends and family as you sit around the dinner table eating salisbury steak TV dinners, the ones with the little brown square brownie desert? Priceless although I am only asking $45,000...
  3. erik1938

I just stoked up on some wax I am so stocked

Man.....I just stoked up on some wax this morning. The kid was stoking the shelves as I walked in and I bought the entire shelf of wax. I am so stoked up on wax....I am also so stocked.
  4. erik1938

The stoked vs stocked thread from awhile ago

Ok I remember seeing a thread along time ago talking about the correct pronunciation of stoked, but I couldn't find it. Not sure why, but the search function here sucks. Anyway, stocked has no g.d. meaning as most of you use it. WTF...Maybe if you said, "right now I'm so stocked up on anal...
  5. erik1938

Large fins placed at rear in quad setup

I saw some vid of Kai Lenny talking about putting the large fins in a qaud at the rear and the small ones in the front. I thought that sounded interesting and i want to try it, unfortunately my quad rear boxes are shallow bases. I can make fins with a shallower base, but I am concerned the...
  6. erik1938

Imagine paddling 600 meters after being bitten by G.W.

You guys probably saw this but Jesus H Christ. I would think he could have taken the white water in at least:
  7. erik1938

Whatcha gonna do

Do you ever thought about how a surfboard turns you over the wave? I once opened a can of peter mc muffin heimers and the sea turtle said, Hi sir drive on by nothing to see here.
  8. erik1938

Dads blocking for son

So, I surfed Cottons the other day and while sitting there waiting for the waves a dad(with neon colored wetsuit) and his son paddled near me. There was a lot of sand on the inside moving around so the peaks were a little shifty. Well the dad paddles for a set inside of me so I dont go then he...
  9. erik1938

Hard edge rail full length

Anyone ever ridden a board with a hard edge all the way from tail to nose? I have see a few Maurice Cole boards and they had a hard edge full length, but I never rode one. How do they feel? Ever have issues with the front edge of the rail catching during steep drops?
  10. erik1938

S.L. needs to be hacked

Whenever there is swell and those A-Hats over at surfline dumb it down with their color coding conditions, someone needs to hack their site until they remove that lame color coding. They say there is no evidence that it makes a certain spot more crowded but I say BS. Just throwing this out...
  11. erik1938

Ya this drought thingy is a hoax

Some on here may believe that the current drought we are experiencing is all a government hoax. They may ask if the ground water is really drying up. I guess they are all lying: https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-wells-run-dry-drought-050453914.html Surf related because.....come on were...
  12. erik1938

Any Takers Bro's

Thinking of meeting up in the parking lot at Doho tomorrow morning. Gonna be pretty big so I'm taking the O'l Rhino chaser out... Drop by if ya can hang...
  13. erik1938

Custom 7till8 wetsuits

So, I decided to order a custom wetsuit from https://www.7till8.com/ They use Japanese Yamamoto lilestone rubber, non petroleum based, and from what I have heard it is better than traditional neoprene. So I watch their video on how to measure yourself for a wetsuit and I have my wife take...
  14. erik1938

Surfing with everproper snoops

Wondering if anyone else has ever tied a haverchamp next to a trobeltude and attached it to the top of your board. Thinking of doing this but I just read in the inertia that Laird tried this but he also used a floopjar and things got super interdasting. Word on the street is that whilst tying...
  15. erik1938

Kooks with paddles

https://www.yahoo.com/news/paddleboarders-swimmers-destroying-nesting-habitats-131143489.html kooks
  16. erik1938

Steamer Lane

So, the wife and I drove up to Santa Cruz this last week and I was able to get out at Steamer Lane for a surf. While I was out there a group of about 10 kids with colored jerseys all paddled out at the same time. After I got out my wife said that she heard other people talking about some guy...
  17. erik1938

5'9" CI Machado Single fin $350

Selling my CI Machado single fin. See the link to craigslist for complete description. https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/d/san-juan-capistrano-channel-islands-59/7353538692.html
  18. erik1938

SHAKA LIVING=KOOK IMHO

Maybe its just me...probably is....but are these guys for real? Straight up tutorial on where to stay where to go and surf. The only thing that this accomplishes is free advertising, so it will be easier for more clueless retards to drop in on you and completely ruin the vibe. What say you?
  19. erik1938

Surflines rating system and our responsibility as surfers.

This morning again for I can't count the number of times this has happened to me at various local spots, I planned on riding my bike down to Doho river mouth and catch some small clean waves that I knew would be there. I do a quick camera check on surfline and I see their ridiculous conditions...
  20. erik1938

Does board weight really matter that much?

I have been thinking about this for awhile. How much does the board weight really matter to the average surfer? I am specifically talking about short boards, fishes and hybrids. So if you have a denser foam, 3lbcf Pu I believe, 6 &4oz on the deck and 2x 4oz on the bottom how would this 2-3...