Search results

1. frontsidegrab

Kai Lenny's new gun

I'd consider that a type of prone paddleboard
  2. frontsidegrab

Kai Lenny's new gun

Stretch, whose been making good wave boards and guns for decades has been putting a lot of thickness up into the nose via concave decks combined with vee entries. btw, I'm team "Prone paddleboards definitely did it first."
  3. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

Thats gonna be sick. I've had my eye on that one. Will be better in the waves you get anyway.
  4. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

5. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

I recently had a convo about g10 with Sean Mattison that went the opposite route. g10 can have a thinner foil (= more speed/less drag) while storing more kinetic energy than similarly foiled fiberglass can hold. Fiberglass needs to be thicker in order to not warp and then lose drive.
  6. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

Agreed. Local, well made surf hard goods. That is exactly the type of biz the core should want.
  7. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Brah. No name drops! Funny. That was the last spot I surfed over there and was on the upswing from an LCL tear. Was out w/ Torryn, Alana and some others.
  8. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Griffin twin. JK! RIP. Shout out to the legendary salty uncle of the erBB! Continuously mixing them into the rotation. I've been on the album train since they went for $700. Have owned or own plasmic, lightbender, twinsman, townsend, moonstone. As well as pyzel wildcat, and many others over...
  9. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Fake news. Too temperamental. Back foot too far back? Loss of drive and/or spin put. Backside? You better not push too hard or you're gonna be sliding all over the place. Truster locks you in and no need to think much about where your back foot needs to be. No spinning out. Just get them sized...
  10. frontsidegrab

Ryan Burch Surfboards

Bunch of Burch twins at Hansen's right now. I think they just got them in a few days ago.
  11. frontsidegrab

Album Surfboards

Twins are hard to ride as everyday boards.
  12. frontsidegrab

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

It's hard to not like Bob Hurley.
  13. frontsidegrab

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

I get what you're saying in theory but how much money is in that tiny market segment? Targeting local groms? Not enough for even a mid-size brand to notice.
  14. frontsidegrab

Varial RIP

Tim is open to xtr IF you haul the board from being cut at xtr up to his place to finish shape and then back down again for glassing. At least he was a few years ago.
  15. frontsidegrab

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

LOL. Sorry wrong east coast poster. There was a new guy with a similar username.
  16. frontsidegrab

Did you ever show us your t!ts???
  17. frontsidegrab

Thanks. That's how I've ordered from him before. Just to be clear. I grabbed the GX used, not at all looking for it to be a more refined version of my flare specifically. Just wanted to see how it went. I've found I don't connect with the extreme-ish hip in the GX. It seems to break my turns in...
  18. frontsidegrab

Is there a DD version of the flare? Not looking for an actual step up like the flare-up. But some elements of the flare adjusted for a slightly longer/narrower outline and rocker? edit: I own a GX and it doesn't feel or look like what I'm picturing a slightly better wave flare could be.
  19. frontsidegrab

Surf vloggin' review of Sunset Cliffs, San Diego. (please subscribe)

He's got Yuri looking like a grizzled local
  20. frontsidegrab

Surf vloggin' review of Sunset Cliffs, San Diego. (please subscribe)

Currently coding a virus to attack that site...