Search results

1. J

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Banana Fish and Flare overlap only to the extent that 90% of So Cal boards overlap because they need to work in shoulder high mush. But they have very different outlines and they ride differently. BF definitely feels very much like a fish. I ride mine as a quad with its wide tail. Flare feels...
  2. J

Is the Gx/Flare a Gx without the bump and a wider nose?
  3. J

I would go 6’0. I don’t think 5’11 will give you enough of a distinction with the Gx. Dims otherwise look good.
  4. J

New Lost: Lost the Ripper

I tried a Rad Ripper and thought it went well but the outline seemed too funky. This board solves those issues. Should be a fun step down thruster.
  5. J

If you want catch more powerful waves easier, I would say go 6’0 or 6’1 on a blindspot squash. I don’t see any need to be under 6’0 on that board.
  6. J

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Classic narcissist. I feel bad for Dan. It’s hard to understand what the older Tomo is even mad about, maybe that he’s not as well recognized as his son?
  7. J

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Too bad his Dad is such a douche. Gotta be an awful situation. Can’t imagine a true father reacting like that toward their child’s success.
  8. J

TENORE

Retailers will love this brand: reps who can barely put four coherent words together and who will threaten to choke out anyone who tries to negotiate pricing and other terms.
  9. J

What’s your favorite OTR Daily Driver

That outline looks fun with the lower rocker and bottom contours.
  10. J

What’s your favorite OTR Daily Driver

RNF96 all day every day.
  11. J

parmenter MICRO STUBBY reviews?

You guys are tripping, Dave’s boards work really well. Foam is carried to the rail and foil is minima so you need to be more careful about ordering boards with thicker rails. Dave’s 2.5 is a Christenson 3.5.
  12. J

parmenter MICRO STUBBY reviews?

I’ve owned the Occster and Rusty 1984. Obviously not identical but very similar rocker, foil, outline and bottom contours.
  13. J

The Craigslist Thread

Hard to tell but good question and catch!
  14. J

The Craigslist Thread

That Mabile gun looks pretty epic actually.
  15. J

SOLD

Looks really fun!
  16. J

YOLO ALERTS

I don’t see Black Dart as a construction option on the Chilli site for customs.
  17. J

The Craigslist Thread

“I want a board to look like key lime pie shot out of my ass, but only on the deck. Can you make that happen?”
  18. J

Tomo Ob1 - SOLD

Stoked. Was very tempted but maybe a touch too small for my liking.
  19. J

The Craigslist Thread

I bet that board goes…
  20. J

Hamish Graham

Yes, he is. Still making epic channel bottoms, guns, single fins, and HPSBs.