Search results

1. S

Lake Mead water ... What will California do when it's gone??

LA is all-in on reclaimed water. The Hyperion Water Treatment plant is now called the Water Reclamation Plant. They've built two underground reservoirs around where I live near LAX - one of them is about the size of a small sports arena. I think the plan is for 1/3 of the city's water to be...
  2. S

Steak

I like the whole cow, tenderloin if I had to pick. But really whatever is on sale as long as it's from a good butcher. My local Bristol Farms has never let me down. Nothing is more disappointing than a cheap cut of beef.
  3. S

Leash recs

Avoid the Slater Designs leash. I've had one over a year and there's still kinks in it from the packaging. It pains me to say that because it's supposed to be environmentally friendly 'n chit.
  4. S

anyone ridden a Chilli Fire Chief

I have one of their fishes. I had a ton of fun on it last summer. I've since fallen in love with the Fling. But, I still take it out on small days sometimes when I'm looking for a little extra glide.
  5. S

The Craigslist Thread

She "lost" her husband's surfboard. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/spo/d/santa-monica-lost-firewire-seaside/7336870896.html
  6. S

Which is your ultimate fav Groveler?

This has been my experience with the Fling. It's a blast in the waist to shoulder high range. But, it's tough to get going when it's real gutless. My Chilli Sugar is much better in those conditions.
  7. S

Can we hype this south swell rolling in yet?

Can you still get 2 hours with a shaved penny?
  8. S

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

I wait till I'm on the sand before putting them on.
  9. S

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

I'm closing out winter #2 with my 3/2 Isurus and still loving it. It's nearly as warm as my 4/3 E6 Ebomb, which has been a great suit in it's own right. Honorable mention goes to my Billabong Furnace Comp 2mm booties. I HATE booties. But, I didn't mind these one bit. They're basically just...
  10. S

Anyone ever have a porch/exterior light dispute with a neighbor? (Warning: Contains CasaMugs problem)

Truth I somehow managed to avoid any noise complaints for a long time until one day a woman came over and absolutely lost her sh!t one day. I felt bad for her. Up until then my dumbass just figured that I wasn't disturbing anyone. I was nearing the end of my raging party days anyways. We had...
  11. S

new board traction pad nerves

So hot right now
  12. S

Anyone ever have a porch/exterior light dispute with a neighbor? (Warning: Contains CasaMugs problem)

I live below twins, a 4 year boy and girl. I hear them constantly, pretty much whenever they're home they're running around or banging on something. Those monsters just never stop moving. I complain once in a while when it gets really bad, and the neighbors are somewhat receptive. But, I...
  13. S

Pyzel "Pyzalien 2" vs "Phantom"

AM1's. I started with large Mayhems. Then went to AM1's and haven't looked back. I'm 155lbs and ride a stock 5'8".
  14. S

GO TO THE BEACH AND YOU WILL DIE

So ridiculous. This is why cities do things like close beaches for the "potential" of lightning strikes.
  15. S

Pyzel "Pyzalien 2" vs "Phantom"

I can't really answer your question. But I will use this opportunity to profess my love for the Phantom. It's the perfect SoCal shortboard, IMO.
  16. S

John John Florence's "Ghost" And The Art Of Big Wave Guns with Shaper Jon Pyzel

He hit the jackpot when John's mom asked him to shape him a board. Sounds like he wasn't even a very experienced shaper at the time.
  17. S

Scott Anderson RIP

He shaped my first custom about 25 years ago. 6'3" thruster with red running along one side of the deck. If you lived around the Santa Monica/Venice area in the 90's there was a good chance you owned one of his boards. RIP Scott
  18. S

Stupidest Surfing Fashion Trends

Stupid surfing fashion trends of the future: -surfing fanny pack -surfing camelback -wetsuits with removable sleeves -wetsuits with smartphone pockets I'm filing my patent claims now. Ideas like these don't grow on trees!
  19. S

Help! What do I do?

My gf kept threatening to buy me a changing pancho. I avoided that landmine for years, to the point where she stopped bringing it up. Then one day a buddy of mine gifted me one out of the blue for helping him (try) to learn to surf. Son of a B. I don't use it much. But it's nice on cold days...