Search results

1. PJ

How to, or how not to, Tinder?

Photographer - yes - I can see that - soft focus, nice lighting as you're resuing a drowning puppy with just a hint of Rolex peeking out from under your sleeve....
  2. PJ

********Official QS Barbados Thread*******

I like Barbados. I was there in 1984. Two of us in our early 20's were on Navy shore patrol duty in our dress whites with SP armbands, nightsticks, hancuffs and a whistle too I think. There was a fairly quiet road with a row of hotels where a lot of our sailors were. We were walking up in the...
  3. PJ

Hotties of Yesteryear

Pushhhy was a real pilot and as such had a real pilot's watch with an interesting history. That model of watch goes for 30K to 100K these days and is now called The Pussy Galore Watch: With the rise of fast jet travel - In 1954, the Rolex brand made a distinguished contribution to the world of...
  4. PJ

Hotties of Yesteryear

Susan Dey - me too! She was so beautiful and wise and smart. And she got to eat Tacos at a Taco stand. What the hell were Tacos? When I got to San Diego my friend took me to Taco Bell and we ate Tacos outside just like on TV! And Peggy Lipton - The Mod Squad - she was hot to 7th grade me!
  5. PJ

How do you go about selling a unique shotgun?

My mother has a .410 gauge Charles Daly side by side that she gave my father for his birthday in the early 60's. It was old then. It's a work of art - the fine engraving. There's a flower that pops out when you break down the action - so cool, just great to look at.
  6. PJ

How’s the stock market?

There's maybe a larger story here. NYCB also took over Signature Bank which had gone under. Signature was started by my son's high school friend's father and was generally regarded as a good bank. My son interned there during college and sat in on some investor calls. They did a lot of NYC taxi...
  7. PJ

Hotties of Yesteryear

I love that O'Neil ad. This ad reminds me of the Oneil Ad - it's from the 1930's - I've always admired it - sort of a quiet thoughtful sexiness. And it's still working - I've always had an interest in the Gibson guitar in the ad because of the ad and I just at last found and tried two of them...
  8. PJ

Rickoray

Just said a prayer - Hang in there Rick!
  9. PJ

Pension to wife to power of attorney question? Odd...I know

My wife's aunt's accounts were with Merrill Lynch / Bank of America - glad you brought this up - the Merrill guy told my wife to come to him with the death certificate and he would talk to the Bank of NY people because he understood it better than them and could get them to move quickly and...
  10. PJ

My first questions to the lawyer were all basically what is our liability if something goes wrong. He said that a trustee would have to be guilty of gross negligence to get in any kind of trouble, that he hoped she would agree to be the trustee and that it is a paid position and $100 per hour...
  11. PJ

My wife and I just did this this year. The lawyer was the key. We live in NY - wife's uncle died in Texas leaving behind her 84 year old blood relative aunt who has manic depression and cannot manage her own affairs. Wife flies to Texas, finds copies of wills, trust, bank accounts, VA pension...
  12. PJ

***Official Real Estate Thread***

Corporations buying single family homes - I don't see the long term success of that. If you look at the annual income and expenses reports done by IREM (Institute Of Real Estate Management) which collects the data from apartment mangers and owners all over the country you'll see that when...
  13. PJ

Careful of the latest scams

28 years ago our Autocad computer drafter named Fabio just 2 years out of college answered a call from a copier toner company and somehow said "Yes" to an order of very overpriced toner. They sent us a ridiculous invoice. Accounting asked me about it and Fabio said he didn't order it (he was a...
  14. PJ

One of y'all bitches put me up to 500.

At 501 now. You're welcome.
  15. PJ

ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

Hot Fuzz - from the people who did Shaun Of The Dead. It's OK - a madcap comedy I guess - worth $3.99. I saw it this weekend. Set inland in England I mention it because it surprisingly has a number of Point Break references in it culminating with an English cop doing a Johnny Utah shooting his...
  16. PJ

***Official Car Talk Thread***

I can tell you one thing - nobody's checking their oil. One of my jobs at work is managing 20 cars and light trucks. Electrical / electronic techs from 25 to 40 years old don't check oil, don't really know how to check oil, think the car will tell them if it needs oil, don't know that from min...
  17. PJ

How many times has your car been robbed while surfing?

This article says Cellebrite was hacked for 1.7 TB a year ago - including applications software and customer guides: https://securityaffairs.com/140838/data-breach/cellebrite-software-leaked-online.html
  18. PJ

How many times has your car been robbed while surfing?

Man that's too bad. There but for the grace of god go I...... I have my Wells Fargo account right on my iPhone home screen. And two other banks also. Did your iPhone facial recognition look at you each time you logged on to Wells Fargo or does none of that matter with Cellbrite? I have to agree...
  19. PJ

I bought the factory shop manual for my mother's 1978 Monte Carlo - even that was very good - I learned a lot of really general good stuff in there, like how to polish pitting out of the windshield. The shop manual for my 1984 Corvette is good but not that good. The electrical supplement manual...
  20. PJ

Yeah - Top Tier gas is a thing. Co-ordinated with the car makers. These days I won't buy anything else. Also there are problems sometimes with direct injection where the lack of fuel in the intake tract is allowing deposits to build. The PCV system that sucks crankcase oil vapor into the intake...