Search results

1. Icu812

The Potential Official Frisbee Golf Thread

We've got a big tournament here at our course in a couple weeks...https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/35th_Annual_Buddha_Tree_2024/pictures/401097#401097
  2. Icu812

The official total solar eclipse thread

Well, ok but we came to Texas to visit old friends plus this is one of the coolest towns maybe in all of Texas…preachers and lawyers had to be out of town by sunset. Plus the ‘Hill Country’ is cool and there was an eclipse…
  3. Icu812

The official total solar eclipse thread

After experiencing the 2017 eclipse in Oregon I said 'that was cool, when and where is the next one?'...Turns out it would be today and centered right over some old friends' house here in Comfort, Tx. Started making plans then to come here thinking 'Texas would certainly be the best place for...
  4. Icu812

Worst salvia trip sitter ever...

I’ve never done salvia but one of the best acid trips I ever did was in San Diego County. I used to commute from an old ranch house out on old Hwy 76, a place that’s long gone, and Solana Beach. Picked up a dude that had just scored a 10x10 postage stamp sized sheet of window pane pyramids and...
  5. Icu812

Conjoined Twin Gets Married

Jimmy Shubert covered some of this...
  6. Icu812

The Potential Official Frisbee Golf Thread

Here ya go @Chocki...good possibilities for surf this time of year too. Buddha Tree
  7. Icu812

Official Bird & Nature Post

Got home the other day, came around the corner in the house and there's this guy, a sharp-shinned hawk, sitting on our hippie hot tub looking right at the bird feeder...I guess I've got a combination bird feeder bird feeder....ah, I know, birds aren't real...
  8. Icu812

The Random Photo Thread - The Sequel

Blair Mitch Project
  9. Icu812

Take a Helicopter Tour. It Will Be Fun They Said

While we're on the topic of flying, this just happened today. Cirrus 22 flying out of Shelter Cove. They're equipped with a 'Cirrus Airframe Parachute System', CAPS. Initial scanner report had locals reporting airplane 'exploded'...well, that was the parachute being deployed. Plane just settled...
  10. Icu812

Take a Helicopter Tour. It Will Be Fun They Said

As a fixed wing pilot that never got into rotary wing flying, you're always looking for a place to land should that spinny thing stop spinning. The pilot of this MD500 did a great job of putting it on a very small beach. Looks like he may have flared a little early which is why the helicopter...
  11. Icu812

Happy birthday Icu812!

Thanks everybody! Feeling like a young 73 and had a nice sunny day yesterday after what seemed like relentless rain...we're at 65" for the season. I know of a friend who lives over near the King Range and he's got 120" for the season already. Anyway, back to pruning fruit trees and starting...
  12. Icu812

Big Bear Eagle Cam

Yeah, I got on to this site last year and followed along until actual nature happened...saw the mom/dad completely covered in snow, every once in a while it would shake its head to get the snow off. Right now doesn't look all that hospitable. Pretty cool that we can watch 'em...there are eagle...
  13. Icu812

Divorce Thread better than book thread

Man, I'm right there with ya! Got married in '71, still happily married, 3 kids, 6 awesome grandkids (good parents, and oh, it starts at the top). Some funny chit in this thread I gotta say, but from a world which I'll always be unfamiliar. My wife was always happy I was surfin' instead of going...
  14. Icu812

Cruising For Plus Trees In The PNW........NSR......Might Be Of Interest....

When we built our house these trusses and the purlins were from a local small mill that mills wood that comes off of their property. This is old growth doug fir...tight grain, very few knots, unbelievable wood. Full dimension 6x6s. You won't find this at Home Depot...