Search results

1. M

WTF with parents going on Spring Break with their kids?

Old people who need validation from social media is why. Also, what's with half the world taking off work for spring break. When I was a kid, the parents in my neighborhood left all the kids to fend for themselves.
  2. M

The Craigslist Thread

https://ventura.craigslist.org/spo/d/ventura-christian-beamish-glider/7722357484.html https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/d/san-diego-97-encinitas-noserider/7734516191.html
  3. M

More stuff you didn't know you need

Am I the only one who just throws my wetsuit on my towel and drives home like that?
  4. M

Slater having another kid

I'm not complaining. I just don't respect people who walk out on their kids and aren't present in their life when they're young.
  5. M

Of course not. There are certain types of people who aren't willing to give up their lifestyles for their kids. They'll throw money at them to justify it and tell themselves it is enough.
  6. M

I lost a lot of respect for Slater when I learned he had a kid he wasn't involved with.
  7. M

***Official Real Estate Thread***

Is this somehow the seller's problem? Why should the seller be expected to fund an agents slow periods?
  8. M

That's what kills me with agents and their cheerleaders. It's not all or nothing. I'll gladly pay an agent just like I'll pay for a lawyer. Send me an invoice for services rendered and I'll write a check. Expecting me to hand over $100K in commissions to sell my house is ridiculous.
  9. M

I will not use an agent ever again unless it is on a per hour basis.
  10. M

Or the rest of us see through the BS and understand that the costs are absurd and borderline extortion.
  11. M

Ok, $100 per hour. You really expect any of us to believe agents work 300 hours per transaction? 300 hours is about four bi-weekly pay periods. You expect any of us to believe an agent is working all of those hours for one house?
  12. M

Let's just do some simple math. 3% of 1M is 30K. A mid level analyst at my work makes $120K for 2000 hours worked per year or roughly $58 per hour. $30K is roughly 500 hours and 3 months of full time work for a very well educated mid level analyst. Does anyone believe a RE agent is doing 500...
  13. M

The definitely will not do that in Hawaii. You bring an inspector and hope he catches everything.
  14. M

My home inspector missed something huge. And he came at the recommendation of my agent. He messed up so bad he ended up giving me my money back plus 50% before I even asked for it. The whole system is a joke. I found it months after closing. Inspectors have a vested interest in not blowing up...
  15. M

Do people actually trust agents with this? Most agents couldn't tell you what voltage a home runs on or the difference between PEX and PVC.
  16. M

How much does a Lawyer cost? I've used a lawyer in the past for a few thousand bucks. A RE agent better have some serious skills to bring to the table if I can pay a lawyer to review my RE contract.
  17. M

Which is why the current model is a joke. Buyer's agents are supposed to be looking out for their buyer. Not showing them a house because it doesn't pay them enough just proves that they aren't looking out for the buyer.
  18. M

Gliders....

$1400 for a almost 10 year old board. Hard pass.
  19. M

Best airline credit cards + tips n tricks?

Alaska with the companion fare is the best deal if you travel with a partner.
  20. M

Where's all the old boogie boarders?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3MA05WPk24/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==