Search results

1. R

Norther Lights

Northern Iceland last fall. Woke up to pee one night and was treated to quite a show. Started as one big streak accross the sky and continued to morph over the next 30-40 minutes
  2. R

Big Island recommendations?

Oh, just noticed Hammies also recommended Capt. Cook, doh!
  3. R

Big Island recommendations?

Capt. Cook Monument hike and snorkeling. Easy, approx. 2 miles down, nice views. Pretty, pretty great snorkeling in the cove. Bit of a grind going back up- especially if it's hot. Bring water, wear decent shoes.
  4. R

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

Christenson Chris Craft glider took 6 months, just like he said it would. Every Rusty, Channel Islands, and Pyzel promised 4-6 weeks and delivered in less than 4. There's a reason these guys are all successful.
  5. R

Vanlifers or Cab over 4WD pick-up?

I like it a lot, but it's not for everybody. If you're used to camping out of a camper shell, you'll be stoked. But if you frequent shitty weather and don't like climbing a ladder go to bed you'll be bummed. I think they are about 2- 3times more than a shell ($2000 or so vs $6000 for GFC) but...
  6. R

Vanlifers or Cab over 4WD pick-up?

I've had Toyota trucks for the last 30 years and always wanted a Four Wheel Camper. Ultimately I decided to go with the GFC camper. The 4WC is really nice, but costs 3- 4 times as much as my GFC, weighs 4 times as much, and to me, 1000+ lbs is too much for a mid-size truck. All that weight...
  7. R

What to do with a stack of Surfer's Journals

Hey Chris, those were some good days for sure! Still can't believe we got paid to work with such a good crew and score so many fun sessions at lunch. It is sad what became of it all. Interestingly, I just got an invite for former employees to come to a Carlsbad office (where the Surfer Group...
  8. R

Yeah Josh! Still getting out a couple times a week, Church mostly, but had fun session at middles last week on the glider. Wish I would have had the space to keep the Surfer collection going, but they took up so much room. I always figured I had access to the whole archive at work so I didn't...
  9. R

I have a complete set as well, hope that $32K isn't a typo! Be a nice little chunk of change for the grandkids someday when I'm dead and gone. Complete set of Longboard Mag and SurfReports too.
  10. R

Fins FS

Futures- Simon Anderson SA Quads, Large--SOLD--- Futures- Rusty Blackstix Thruster, Large--SOLD--- Futures- F8 Alpha Thruster, Large Capt. Fin- Dane Reynolds Thruster, Large----SOLD--- Futures- Al Merrick AM2 Thruster, Large Futures- Hayden Shapes HS Thruster, Large Rainbow- R5 Quads, Medium...
  11. R

FS Pyzel Gremlin XL- 6' 8" X 21.75 X 3 $450

good condition- no dings, normal foot dents and a couple other small dents on deck, no dings.
  12. R

growing out of surfing

So true- Uppers in the 70's, Lowers in the 80's, Middles in the 90's, Church ever since. Church crowds are almost as bad as Lowers now. I'm just seeking a little peace and quiet and a few fun slides but even the shitty, closeout, non-spot a little to the north that I frequent is drawing a crowd...
  13. R

Garage Shaping Bays

Hey Sixty Grit- I shaped and glassed a few boards in my garage this winter/spring to pass the time during this years terrible surf and shitty weather. I had a few situations that I had to get around: - Need access to washer and dryer, garage fridge workbench and tools plus my surfboards - Had...
  14. R

Gliders....

8.5" Skip on my 11' Chris Craft, 7" on the 7'6" C- Bucket
  15. R

***OFFICIAL BEST QUOTES THREAD***

"Fuckin internet.." Tony Soprano