Search results

1. S

****Official Board Bag Fees Thread*****

Just an update, United was great for me (in California). No fees, no damage, no questions asked. Easy breezy leaving California and coming back. Stoked on that.
  2. S

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

It's been a fun week, glad I ditched the wetsuit.
  3. S

So far so good Today United OC to MGA 3 boards and gear. 40lbs $0 Only asked if there was anything besides surf gear in the bag. Fingers crossed no damage and they make it the whole way. And that the return is the same.
  4. S

What's the deal with air travel these days?

I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but all your stories amaze me. I travel pretty regularly, and haven't had any bad issues except overweight neighbors in the seat next to me. I'm flying every 2 weeks until July now, so hopefully things continue as they have been. And, these are on the name brand...
  5. S

2024 Huatulco Area Surf Guides

Holiday Inn was great for my kid and I. Picked up at 5:30am, and got back between 2 and 8pm depending how long we surfed. Nice hot shower and comfortable room to get you rested. Walked to town for dinners. Took a taxi a couple of times, and it was like $2-3. And, the guys that I surfed with...
  6. S

I don't think it was a camp for us. Jaime took us there to surf and have lunch at his family restaurant, and he said they had just started renting rooms out. I didn't see anything else there. There was one big "resort" looking thing on the sand where we sat and watched the waves, but it was...
  7. S

I dug hanging out at Jaime's mom's restaurant and eating fish tacos and having that beach right there. It's pretty remote if you're looking for amenities, but hanging out in the day was great, especially after going to the private point in the morning.
  8. S

When I asked him best way to communicate, he said DM in IG. But, I've also been successful with Whatsapp. I think those are his 2 preferred methods.
  9. S

GBG knows what's up. Jaime and his bros are great. I'm glad to see he's making food and drinks a standard. Feeding his clients for a long day on the beach is key.
  10. S

Nicaragua contra Mexico

I booked MGA early April. Maybe I'll do the VIP process again. That was super chill last time
  11. S

Cabo in July

Sadly, it looks like the direct flights to Huatulco from TJ are gone. Unless I'm an idiot and can't find them. I was looking at Volaris and didn't see anything for this year. I hope they come back.
  12. S

Poast your strenf training program

Yep, I donated the 35s to my kid. I've been training for years with a lot of different programs, and after a shoulder injury around 2018 it took me several years to get to pain free for heavish weights. The last year I started with some of the other programs run by the Squatober guru...
  13. S

Vanlifers or Cab over 4WD pick-up?

I just started looking at the pop-up campers. You guys stoked me out on liking yours. I wasn't sure if they would be good for camping with my vanlifer friend on his baja trips. Anyone know anything about Topo-Toppers in Ventura. I didn't realize my stupid short bed F150 has a low payload and...
  14. S

Am I right that United from California to Nica and back is no bag fees, and same for Alaska from Calif. to Liberia, CR, (2 board max)? That's pretty sweet!
  15. S

Poast your strenf training program

Seems similar to me. I ran Squatober in January, and was impressed. As a 53 yr old, I made it into the 1000lb club after that month. A fun challenge to compete with my kids. Now I'm about maintaining and endurance work to prepare for a season of hiking and surfing.
  16. S

10 Myths About Lower Back Pain (LBP)

After trying it Gerr's way, I'm doing the same as you. How long did it take you to work through that to get your foot between your hands? I'm wondering if I have T-rex arms. But, I'm definitely not as round and flexed as Gerr in those pics and his videos. Maybe there's hope. And I love the...
  17. S

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Thanks! Since I got the name late takeoff king recently, I could use the earlier entry. Any other suggestions for an all around good first step-up. I'm looking for a 6'6" I think. My recent board that died was 5'10". I don't really surf critical waves, but I would take this to mainland to...
  18. S

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

What about that vs the Rusty Blackbird? I'm just starting to get into getting a real step up after the run of waves we had and my buckled board. It seems the Rusty is a good all around step-up, no?
  19. S

Entire west coast about to get some action

Stoked on my session this morning. 6-8 on the outside with no one around me. Caught so many fun ones. But, I buckled my board. Quick question for the collective - is it worth repairing a buckled board (this is my favorite board), or am I better off getting an undamaged replacement? I'm...
  20. S

Entire east coast about to get some action.

Mid 30s with a brisk north wind. Not uncomfortable ... hahaha - damn! you guys! Really making us SoCal people look weak. But, I'm with you on Nica. I'm all about 70-80 degree water now. And, it's not even cold here yet.