Search results

1. Boneroni

The Sardine - San Pedro (3/20/24) Do You Compute

Anyone ever play there? This will be my first show playing there (and 2nd rock/punk show in 17 years) I know I don't usually promote my music stuff here, but I'm really really psyched on this new band I'm in. I hope that we sound like Fugazi, but heavier. Post-punk heavy math rock. Also...
  2. Boneroni

*** Official Sunset Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

Linky: https://www.worldsurfleague.com/events/2024/ct/197/hurley-pro-sunset-beach/main Waiting period: 2/12-2/22 Venue: Sunset Beach Past champions: Filipe Toledo/Molly Picklum Highlights: Watching people who get paid to surf get fvcking obliterated on the inside section.
  3. Boneroni

To me, this is surfing.

The reason I know I will never stop surfing is because I know I need adventure. And, to me, there's no better way to adventure than to find and surf new (to me) spots. This vid captures that experience very well. Very few waves ridden, but it's fascinating. What beautiful coastline! You get...
  4. Boneroni

"Find my iphone" location tracker. Use it to keep tabs on your family?

Any parents out there use this to see if their kids are where they say they are? Anyone use it to see where their spouse is? Is this totally unethical? :shrug: For your troubles:
  5. Boneroni

Should I stay or should i go?

K, here's the TLDR: I live in Santa Barbara, CA. Lease is up next year, and will be likely priced out in 3 years at the most. We were chosen 2nd in a local resale of an affordable housing unit. We could be offered a 950 sq' condo (2bdrm) for $485K, with HOA of about $500. This condo could...
  6. Boneroni

Best ridden barrel...... ever?

Hi guys. Sorry I disappeared. Life and work got super weird (and stupid) and for awhile I thought I might be done surfing. I've decided I'm not done though. K, this is the most technical beast of a tube I've ever seen. What say y'all? Any vids of something superior? :)
  7. Boneroni

Guitar Pedals (help....)

I know plenty of you guys are gear guys or actual professional guitarists, so help me erBB brain trust! I've started playing with some guys and I need to basically start from scratch on my tone. Even though I've been playing over 25 yrs (semiprofessionally for about 6 years) I've only ever...
  8. Boneroni

TP in the toilet or the bin?

I‘m in Costa Rica for the first time and this just seems gross to me. We are expected to put poopy TP in this trash can and NOT in the toilet. Am I a wimpy westerner for thinking this is gross? for your troubles, the sunset yesterday….
  9. Boneroni

The true origins of body surfing

Some friday weirdness for y'all...
  10. Boneroni

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUBWAY!!!!!

Beach yoga party at his house! YEW!!!!!!!!!
  11. Boneroni

***** Official 2022 Sunset Beach Pro Thread *****

Linky: https://www.worldsurfleague.com/events/2022/mct/3887/hurley-pro-sunset-beach Waiting period: Feb. 11-23 (for BOTH men and women) Time zone: HST (pacific -2hrs) Venue: fckn Sunset! Previous event winners: None (new WCT event) # of times YCBS will express frustration at the circus...
  12. Boneroni

Surf in Nosara/Playa Guiones Costa Rica?

First time going to CR. Planning a trip for this July. Was originally thinking Pavones, but It looks like just too much travel time for a family/surf vacation. I'm hoping for some point/reef waves. It seems like most of the spots/areas commonly mentioned here (playa grande, tamarindo, jacos...
  13. Boneroni

Different strains....

I'm looking for illumination from the erBB botanists. Why is the same strain of weed, grown by different growers, so different? I had some "ice cream cake" by the Local brand. Then, the exact same strain from a different grower, and the two looked and tasted NOTHING alike. What am I missing here?
  14. Boneroni

Quit surfing now! Ask freeride76 how....

He penned a good article for swellnet. I liked it. Cheers :cheers: https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2021/09/08/why-do-we-quit "Dana is 52, fit, rich beyond belief (net worth 500 million, yearly salary 20 million), claims to love surfing, and yet he quit. For a guy who has...
  15. Boneroni

Buying my first classical guitar

I've played guitar (electric and acoustic) for over 25 years and have been learning a bunch of classical etudes on my steel string Martin. It's time to get a classical nylon string. I''m hoping to spend under $1,200. Will be playing at church and probably gigging sometimes with it, but I won't...
  16. Boneroni

Buying a new couch

I've never bought a new couch and I realllllllly don't want to spend $2,500 on a single piece of furniture. Been to stores in LA and Oxtura and SB, but can't make sense of anything. Prices and quality seem all over the place, so I have no way to assess what's a good or bad deal. If I want a...
  17. Boneroni

Speaking of surf schools and mental health….

Holy fck. saw this guy last week at my local, now this? Wtf? I didnt know him well, but this seems very strange. why even do this? What did he gain? fck. This is messed up. https://www.noozhawk.com/article/founder_santa_barbara_surf_school_arrested_in_killing_2_children_mexico
  18. Boneroni

***** Official Corona Open Mexico Thread ******

Linky: https://www.worldsurfleague.com/events/2021/mct/3864/corona-open-mexico-presented-by-quiksilver Waiting period: Aug 10 - 19 (for both men AND women) Venue: Barra de la Cruz, Oazaca, Mexico Time zone: Central Time Zone (NYC-1, LA+2) Mens current top 5: 1 - Gabby 2 - Eeeeetalo 3 -...
  19. Boneroni

Kookslams - DONE

Seriously. They are selling their own branded HARD SELTZER! Not sure what I'd do in their situation, but it seems pretty yucky to me. What say you erBB?
  20. Boneroni

Linoleum - DONE (nofx, not flooring related)

Fck me, Fat Mike is still so funny and witty! This is just great! Lyrics: Intellectual property never meant anything to me So, I’m not crazy for trying to pimp out a classic song At 25 years old it’s the humane thing to do Even though you know we know you think it’s wrong But after 700 covers...