Search results

1. C

The Great Delusion

Yeah, that was my 1st choice mainly because it has the Bosch motor. However I got the Pivot for a stupid-good price that was a one-time offer so I had to jump on it.
  2. C

The Great Delusion

I have an acoustic hardtail but this new toy is too much damned fun and gets ridden the most sorry for the thread de-rail
  3. C

Selling a classic car in Hawaii (Big Island)

Dad passed away this summer so my brother and I are trying to help mom sell his 56 Pontiac Chieftain 2 door wagon. If it were on the mainland it would be no problem but it is in Hilo so options are limited (it’s the orange/white one that used to cruise town for anyone living there). Its not...
  4. C

Case for an erBB IPO

Good call. Physix Surf was pretty entertaining as well
  5. C

Big Island recommendations?

There were no waves on my last trip so I spent a lot of time swimming at both Carlsmith and Richardson Beach parks. Poke at Suisan is pretty tasty. Even when its small Honoli'i has longboard waves
  6. C

Fresh parmenter’s

Yes, if you are on the west coast and want one, Randy at Moondoggies is the one to speak to.
  7. C

OCCY 1989

It was trippy to see him with a deck pad in those 1st clips, let alone the front traction.
  8. C

HIC live video?

I found a link but it seems sketchy. It's pretty sad considering that Haliewa is one of the most enjoyable contest venues to watch.
  9. C

At what point is it ok to take a dump in your wetsuit?

True, I kinda got off track in regards to the thread title. However, I have seen a few locals wear 2mm fullsuits in the morning when the rivers are flowing strong down into the rivermouths near Hilo.
  10. C

At what point is it ok to take a dump in your wetsuit?

What about plate lunch? Does this now belong in "Hawaii - Done thread"?
  11. C

Mental Health thread

Going to try and just spend time with him. Ask him to tell me stories. Yes, this so much. I just went through a similar situation 2 months ago and feel your pain, your post brought back some emotions. Drop what you can and visit ASAP for as long as you can. I was lucky because I can work...
  12. C

Aloha Fr!day!

Cuesta Grade?
  13. C

Enter the Cramaverse

Would love to see Bobby Martinez on that wave.
  14. C

Spray vs. Technique

Before Parko won his title some felt he was getting underscored because it looked "too smooth". I recall it being said (possibly by him) that he needed to "dirty it up a bit" to show the effort he was putting into his surfing.
  15. C

Spray vs. Technique

This could be an oversimplification but I would say it often depends on the level of competition and distance from judges to the waves being ridden In a local contest without any replay and the judges are a couple hundred yards away then throwing spray is definitely gonna get you some scores...
  16. C

*** Official 2023 Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach Contest Thread ***

bonus points for mentioning the leash string
  17. C

A thread dedicated to the layback barrel...

Rabbit's double arm grabber immediately after is pretty wild too
  18. C

*** Official Haleiwa Challenger Contest Thread ***

super stoked for Ramzi, glad to see his perseverance paid off
  19. C

Electric Dirt Bikes.

Yeah, mine has the Shimano EP8 and my buddies on Treks with the Bosch motors always pull away from me.
  20. C

*** Official Surf City El Salvador Pro Contest Thread ***

Care to elaborate us on your thoughts? He has won the last 2 contests in a row. Plus the last comp, just prior to The Finals is at Chopes where he will be a serious contender.