Search results

1. haar

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Haven't posted here in a while but thought this was worth sharing. Sunday "surfed" out front of where the power plant in CBad used to be. There was no beach just rocks which was super painful to walk on. Walked pretty far to where I thought the channel could be. I was right and paddled straight...
  2. haar

Best Boar for Roll to Dump Wavez....

Quad fish. Might as well go fast.
  3. haar

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

8'6" gun
  4. haar

Surf dad support thread

Thanks! We have Kaiser so we prob have to go with who ever they line up. From what I hear, if she needs surgery, it's a pretty quick recovery.
  5. haar

Surf dad support thread

This was gonna be my year... I've been taking care of my 5 year old daughter while working from home. My wife is a HS teacher. The first 3 years I was with my kid 24/7. I love being with her but no more dawn patrols. Last year she started pre school, I dropped her off every morning and got to...
  6. haar

The Craigslist Thread

I bought a tuflite shortboard 20 years ago. First week I snapped it into three pieces where my feet go. It was cooler foam, no stringer and there was weird sh!t inside like saw dust, staples and string. I've only ever got boards from local shapers since then. $500 bucks for that is ridiculous.
  7. haar

Ideal HPSB Height

I'm 40 yrs old, 5'11" and 165lbs. My HPSB is 5'11"x 19 1/4"x 2 3/8"
  8. haar

Surfboard glassing

I do 5/4oz deck, 5oz bottom. Same weight as 6/4, 4 but extra strength on both sides.
  9. haar

Australia in December, Where to Surf?

For sure. I saw the news of the shark attack.
  10. haar

Thanks! Plans have changed and it sounds like we're going in April. I've heard there is likely to be surf everywhere that time of year so I think I'll just go with the flow and be happy to surf anywhere.
  11. haar

The Craigslist Thread

Exactly what is was
  12. haar

The Craigslist Thread

Does anyone else remember when you were lucky to get $400 for a "used board" even if it were near new? Used board prices are crazy these days.
  13. haar

Surfboard Security

Funny you bring it up, I keep having this recurring nightmare I go in my garage and more than half my 17 board quiver is missing.
  14. haar

My wife has a friend in Canberra and we're going for 3 weeks next December. What are some good spots closer to Canberra? My wife said they are down for a road trip but you know how that goes. The only place that comes to mind when I think of places I wanna surf is Byron Bay. What do you guys think?
  15. haar

WTB: Speeddialer with Lokbox (6'0" - 6'4")

DJ has his own glass factory now.
  16. haar

The Random Photo Thread

My in laws got my 4 year old daughter a toy last time we visited CR. Wasn't the best quality.
  17. haar

What Was Your Previous Handle on Old Erbb?

My handle used to be ReefTeef. It magically changed somehow to haar one day when this place got a face lift.
  18. haar

The Craigslist Thread

I went and checked this thing out. It had zero pressures and was much whiter in person than in the pics. I usually ride heavier glassed boards and have never owned an epoxy. It was too light for my taste...
  19. haar

Step up for large/mushy waves (north San Diego)

At 200+lbs a 6'0" GH fish may be a little small for you. His boards are low volume and have shortboard rails. That's probably why it feels like it doesn't paddle well. I wouldn't ride that in larger waves. I'm 165lbs and have a 5'9" which is cutting it close on how small I can go on one of his...
  20. haar

Step up for large/mushy waves (north San Diego)

Email a local shaper or Gary Hanel or DJ Kane and ask them what they think you should be riding at the spot you're surfing. Personally I ride a Hanel egg or DK quad fish on the waves your asking about.