Search results

1. groovn

I missed the swell of the century....

uhm.... I don't. LOL
  2. groovn

actually, m*thafuckaz be traveling from all over the damn world to surf this lake. Pros be taking fancy ass sea planes in and running surgical strikes with RED BULL sponsorship. Bitches be descending from places like Hawaii and Europe and coming to get their novelty waves here on the US's...
  3. groovn

because I'm fat, chronically in duress, at the end of my physical and emotional rope, am injured and wouldn't have lasted ten minutes.
  4. groovn

Naw man.... I've been drydocked for the most part (save for a few OFL sessions in the summer) over the past few years. Life is hard enough to synch to the waves when you have swells that are predictable and last a while.... way harder to work in surfing with a family of 6 and several...
  5. groovn

oh, you'd go brother.... you'd GO!!! It's really not as bad as it looks. It's much, much, much worse.
  6. groovn

yes.... the popup, the duckdive, the paddle.... EVERYTHING is harder and more physically challenging. The wave periods tend to be in the 6-10 second range and oftentimes you get pummled by massive chunks of ice while fighting it all. Takes a special kind of moron to be a Great Lakes surfer...
  7. groovn

CRUSTY!!! Good to see ya too, man. Been forever. SO many things changed..... lol. Anyway not more people on it because it's a ton of work to surf this cold, and that spot is a long ass drive from all but the most dedicated lakesurf crowd.
  8. groovn

9. groovn

The never-ending thread about nothing.

OMG!!!!! THE NEVER-ENDING THREAD ABOUT NOTHING!!!! Oh. And I farted.
  10. groovn

what's beyond an OFL?

I would never play poker with Allan!!! LOL. :)
  11. groovn

what's beyond an OFL?

Yep.... Didn't 'seem' crazy to me at first, either.... but then, I had my 'In Love' goggles on, and was excited at the prospects of a new life in New Zealand. Lesson learned. But, I'll always be grateful for her role in my life because without here I would not be Daddy to two wonderful...
  12. groovn

what's beyond an OFL?

BOB!! Hey there! Yep, the weather is great, the Sea is there.... the throngs of crowds and the smog and the fires and the traffic I don't miss one bit! But, I'll always love CA as a home away from home!! Would love to see you again. :)
  13. groovn

Anyone Else Watching Cobra Kai?

They've seen all the original movies, yep.
  14. groovn

Anyone Else Watching Cobra Kai?

My kids are!!! They're begging me to watch with them, so I bet I'll be watchin' soon!
  15. groovn

Boards on Roof, blown off?

Hey Shark!!! How ya been my man!!??
  16. groovn

what's beyond an OFL?

plus... it's really a unique place to surf..... while many make fun, it's really incredible and did I mention - no crowds? Plus, ice beards!! You may have seen the viral videos of my friends Surfer Dan and Allan...
  17. groovn

what's beyond an OFL?

Kind of a long story. Short version is that I was married to a woman who was convinced she could never be happy again unless we moved back to the USA. Reluctantly, I came back. Then, she attempted to abduct our children, I divorced her, and ten years later guess what? (She's still not happy...
  18. groovn

RG!!!! Great to see ya, it's goin' allright my friend, how's by you? COWABUNGA!!
  19. groovn

Here's a good board blowing off the roof story..... So many years ago, I moved to Ventura. I got a board and a wettie from GWS and started learning to surf.... it was a cool tri-fin Vector Vehicles thruster and I learned reasonably quickly on it despite being a total kook. Several weeks into...