Search results

1. surfadelphia

Hanalei/Princeville

Oahu trip got vetoed by wife in favor of Kauai...which works for me. Flying out Sunday for 8 days, staying in Hanalei/Princeville area and in need of lunch & dinner suggestions? I'm not sure how well surfline translates to actual surf but it's looking like it's going to be pretty big a few...
  2. surfadelphia

5'8" LibTech Lost Rocket Redux (Futures), NJ

$400 5'8"*20"*2.45" 30.5 liters Takes futures fins. Board is on Absecon Island, South Jersey.
  3. surfadelphia

Xanadu Zip, 5'10" EPS

$425 Eps/epoxy Xanadu Zip 5'10" x 20.5" x 2.25" winged thrusters, so hot right now. Board is in South Jersey
  4. surfadelphia

BQN

Trying to get away for a quick few days of warm surf next week. Flights seemingly only arrive into and leave out of BQN around of after midnight. I'm assuming car rental spots arent open that late...what's the play here?
  5. surfadelphia

Lesser Antilles Forecasting, Surflie vs MSW

Anyone here frequents the carib and have a good idea on surfline or MSW accuracy. Heading down to tomorrow for a week trying to figure out what board to bring. Not quite the same exposure as Barbados but not that far off. Want to bring a rocket redux in lib tech to just not have to worry as much...
  6. surfadelphia

Mainland Offseason

Trying to get away for a quick, relatively inexpensive week of surf in Dec/Jan. Want to mix it up beyond the typical east coaster spots (CR, PR, Carib) that tend to have 50/50 odds of being around waist to chest at best. Any consistency to mainland mex in the offseason, is there enough southern...
  7. surfadelphia

Basque Country

Headed to Spain/France for two weeks end of July, probably in and out of Bilbao and renting a car. Probably 5 days in San Sebastian, a few over the border in France, maybe a detour up into the Pyrenees or west to the Picos De Europa. Anyone got any good, wife friendly suggestions? I'll likely...
  8. surfadelphia

Any ERBBr's switch jobs recently?

Any ERBBr's got any useful (remote) job searching advise? I've been a private label (fashion accessories) vendor for large national chain for the last 10 years. My customer is expecting me to bear the burden of their increased shipping costs and work on no margin, it's actually worse because...
  9. surfadelphia

XTR Delams

Big ass delam under my back foot on an xtr mandala asq. Fucking love this board. Not sure it was actually glassed in house at XTR as there's no lams. Drilled two little holes to vent. Syringe, epoxy, weight or just leave it as is?
  10. surfadelphia

Hooded Rashguard vs "Surf" Hat

Need some input from those in more southern latitudes. Trying to avoid getting scorched on the occasional trip to the tropics and sunscreen only goes so far. Like the idea of a hooded rash guard as you can just pull the hood down when you want but having wet rash guard covering ears seems...
  11. surfadelphia

Martinique

Anyone ever been for a surf down in Martinique? Wife wan'ts to go back to Caribbean and I want to surf. I know it will pick up an East to Northeast swell but general info is very limited...which might be a good sign
  12. surfadelphia

Stage 6 on a shorter egg/stubby

anyone ever try out a stage 6 or any other paddle type fin on a shorter 2+1? like something you might usually run a parrish or bonzer fin with?
  13. surfadelphia

Customs finally arrive....and they're sh!t. A venting thread

Well known SD shaper. A 5 to 6 week estimate turned into to 3 months to finish...that's fine, whatever. Well known shaper Boards finally arrived yesterday and they are fucking rough. These things aren't even fit to be stock boards. One has sand throughs/can feel the weave of the glass all over...
  14. surfadelphia

80s/90s? Takayama HPD

How the fuck would I even price this thing? Found it beat to sh!t in some piney's shed on craiglist maybe 5 years back, put in a decent amount of work getting it water tight. No delams but it does have a rust stain.
  15. surfadelphia

Kodak

How many in Trump's orbit & Repub congress people are making sh!t tons of $ off of this Kodak Hydrocoriquine thing? A government loan to a "film" company to produce a drug that doesn't do anything for covid patients....what could go wrong?
  16. surfadelphia

Maldives, worth it?

Looking at doing a delayed 2 week honeymoon April/May '21 if it's possible by then. It's also going to be very close to the end of her Medical Residency so that's extra cause for celebration. She's been on about going somewhere tropical, all inclusive, five star, overwater rooms, etc. and has...
  17. surfadelphia

WTB FCS/FCS2 Quad Rears

Just picked up a board with FCS2. I've got a enough two tabs around that I can use in the front boxes but nothing for quad rears.
  18. surfadelphia

Tomo XTR V4

$350 5'9" x 19.75" x 2.5" https://newjersey.craigslist.org/spo/d/verona-tomo-v4-xtr-surfboard/7119736628.html
  19. surfadelphia

Modernized 80s Shortboards

Who should I look to in order to get a modernized version of an 80s/early 90s pre potato chip thruster shaped? I dont know if it's the way the foam is distributed, the flat deck or the down rails but these boards have always worked pretty well for me. They're just so neutral and predictable...