Search results

1. surfadelphia

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

wake me up when skipper can do a backhand spinneroo
  2. surfadelphia

Philidelphia/South Jersey

A modest spot in ventnor is potentially doable and would compliment a place in Philly well. Easy drive back and forth with the exception of summer weekends but at least you're not dealing with the parkway. Interior south jersey is weird.
  3. surfadelphia

Philidelphia/South Jersey

I'm assuming you'reis going to be working at the Perelman Center? If you value walkable towns your only good Philly adjacent south jersey options are Collingswood, Haddonfield( i live in this one) & Moorestown. Collingswood & haddonfield are probably the most liberal leaning towns in south...
  4. surfadelphia

Why is Philadelphia such a violent place?

I remain murdered.
  5. surfadelphia

XO COCO surfboards

Asym artisan vase in dark arts or gtfo
  6. surfadelphia

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

I was there that day (shittily) surfing closeouts by myself on the next jetty down. Saw someone carrying away a solo shot...should have known. Paddle out is very easy, big rip off the jetty. That board looks stupid though.
  7. surfadelphia

Why is Philadelphia such a violent place?

I was in Philly last night for dinner, now I'm murdered.
  8. surfadelphia

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

What's the deal with wide boards these days? They only for the giant footed, am I an idiot for considering a wide with a size 10? For context I've been on skis for the past 15 years, cobbling together a setup off facebook/craigslist since I don't want to drop tons of cash as of yet on a new...
  9. surfadelphia

Whitewater is great, did it last year. Nelson is a really cool town too...would 100% recommend. The pain in the ass getting there is worth it
  10. surfadelphia

Nicaragua contra Mexico

There's a boatload of decent condo rentals in that immediate area, beyond that not really
  11. surfadelphia

Nicaragua contra Mexico

Walk out to the beach...make a left turn, walk about 5 minutes, surf. super easy & wife friendly
  12. surfadelphia

***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

the poopoo touch bit is gold
  13. surfadelphia

Quebec rules...trying to get up to the townships soon to check out sutton, orford and owls head
  14. surfadelphia

Just back from New Mexico, 3 days taos 2 days ski santa fe. First time skiing Santa Fe, not huge but a very fun locals mountain with a few slow lifts, good snow and very good tree skiing.
  15. surfadelphia

The real barrier to entry is the (time & cost) flights and losing a day of riding due to the time change. Once there everything (with the exception of Switzerland) relatively inexpensive. The snow if definitely more variable than continental US. Another challenge is the overwhelming number of...
  16. surfadelphia

It's wild, I can fly to Zurich in less time at less expense than I can to Bishop. The direct flight to Vegas felt like the best alternative. We've settled on either Banff or Whitefish. Saving Mammoth for a future later season trip.
  17. surfadelphia

CB, Telluride & Taos all run pretty thin but maybe they're better that way
  18. surfadelphia

Worked at DV about 15 years ago. The PC side gets less snow for sure than the cottonwoods but DV had minimal powder competition and the trees held fresh snow for days after storms. This was before epic and ikon, we were getting free or next to free comp lift tix from all the areas. Alta/Snowbird...
  19. surfadelphia

You dont hear much about mammoth from east coast skiers, maybe because it's a pain in the ass to get to from here. Toying with the idea of a visit in FEB, with a friend (very competent) and our wives (beginners). I know it's a low snow year but not really a huge concern. Powder days aside what...
  20. surfadelphia

Entire east coast about to get some action.

nope...going to have to do some sort of combination of french drain and sump pump. It looks like there was one at some point but previous owners must have gotten rid of it because they were idiots