Search results

1. M

How Surfers Get Paid

Not having a real job is awesome 98% of the time. It's the other 2% where you have to explain what you do and justify your purpose which can get kinda annoying, but you only really need do that every once in a while. So I consider it still a win.
  2. M

***The Official Retirement Post***

Congrats! Would love to retire within the next 10 years. While I can still cling to this 40+ year old body.
  3. M

Kelly Slater put me in a chokehold

I think his chick gave him an ultimatum, knock me up or else
  4. M

baliidiot

Somebody must still be running his IG account, because it still has regular activity
  5. M

I appreciate you

This is more of a Midwest term, isn’t it?
  6. M

What is the value of 10% of Kelia Moniz's prior contract?

Isn’t her husband NY mafia?
  7. M

Funny you mention Alana Blanchard, because there was a post referencing how she got dropped by Rip Curl when she got pregnant. Ouch! But she shifted and realized there was still value in numerous smaller sponsorships and promoting products, with a subtle ass-shot sprinkled here and there...
  8. M

This industry is dying, even through the sport/activity is more popular than ever. If you're sponsored in this niche-sport, I think it's 2-3 years... tops. You have that window to use it as the primary source of income, and after that you have to become really versatile. But can you imagine if...
  9. M

Logic has eluded Zeke

Gonna have to get a regular job like the rest of us
  10. M

5 Guys

Da fak? It was $5 the last time I ate at one, maybe around 2016
  11. M

Best Florida Surf Town

I have recently lived in the Brevard area, Satellite Beach to be exact. I was less than a 5-minute bike ride to RCs. I loved it. The proximity to the beach was good for optimizing my sessions to line up with the short surf windows. My family loved it as well because we were spending time in the...
  12. M

Susan Sarandon's breasts

No wonder Tim Robbins always looked cool and happy when they were together
  13. M

RIP Makani Alexander

Damn... tragic indeed
  14. M

What surfing has become.

Pretty much this. Surfing as an “identity” is bigger than ever before. Been out of the water for what feels like a personal record now. Crowds just bum me out since its a colossal waste of my time to get a session in. I too have taken up riding the bike. It’s considered a lame activity here, so...
  15. M

Can we talk about these little bags of poop that are showing up on my neighborhood streets and walkways?

I love dogs. Had two, and I picked up after their sh!t just about everyday during their 15 years of life. But don’t throw your dog’s poop in someone’s bin around here, especially during summertime. What happen’s is that poop just cooks all day, creating a poop sauna in my bin that only has one...
  16. M

East Coast I Love you

I would assume that a good portion of the people in the water that you meet in Southern California who say they are from the "east coast", are actually from the midwest, and are probably exaggerating their true origins by about 500-1000 miles in the east direction, just to try to establish some...
  17. M

TK Chas japan surfer biggest surfboard collection

Do you know a lot of Japanese? I would not be surprised if that guy is close to 80 years old, but still manages to look 50
  18. M

Lack of crowds

I loved living in Central FL during Noreasters. It’s usually still fairly warm, not overly blown out, and plenty of protected spots below the cape
  19. M

TK Chas japan surfer biggest surfboard collection

He can’t really surf that well though
  20. M

Kelly Slaters OUTERKNOWN: COVID vaxx required for employees!

Would you rather be smart but poor? -or- Dumb but rich?