Search results

1. S

Can we talk about Channel Islands?

The one in the image has new for '24 white Spinetek, other colors such as green, pink, blue will also be available for custom builds on all models. And per Dane - the OG Dumpster did actually come from a pile of scrapped blanks that had just been taken out to the dumpster, we didn't do EPS...
  2. S

Endtimes for the Surfboard Industry?

Because that's the starting point? I kid, I kid!
  3. S

Boardroom 23’

Josiah Morris @josiahnealmorris @morinsurfboards Ventura, now relocated to the more business friendly Corpus Tx Shaped and glassed for CI for many years, still does on occasion, worked for Varial and I think still works with Malcolm and does his own label.
  4. S

Warehouse Jobs @ CI open

I'm sure this posted in wrong spot, might get deleted, but I figure those that would best know someone interested would be on design forum. We've got a couple spots open in the warehouse, located less than ONE MILE FROM RINCON... and we ENCOURAGE lunch break surfs. Position best suited for...
  5. S

The Search for Donald Day and Donny Wilson

Donald is still ripping, a school teacher down south - LA area I think. His kid Tristan rips too and they came up to SB to do a few workouts with CI grom team. Donald is still happiest dude on planet. Seriously I speak to Donny about once every 3 years, I think he may the one that first told...
  6. S

Christian Fletcher vs Shaun Tomson

Shaun and I live in the same neighborhood, one of my sons went to school with his youngest, and I know him well through CI. Seen him burn at Rincon, (like many do). He's definitely got a rep with many of taking too many waves. Contrast the local wave in our 'hood he calls "a gentleman's wave."...
  7. S

The newer yellow/black CI techs do have the "stubbier" quad trailer fins that were developed on the Bobby Quad. Standard AM leads The old Futures Tech Flex (Orange w/carbon) have the original AM quad trailers that have more rake.
  8. S

XTR

Cut and shaped at Epoxy Pro. With our design file and finished by one of a couple contract shapers we have used for years.
  9. S

And leave the gray skies, flat points and cold water of Santa Barbara?
  10. S

The strong USD skews fx right now, but a 2.Pro today costs Bali - $601 Aus- $699 USA - $775 Japan - $912
  11. S

The Bali CI factory and CI Bali retail shops are run/owned by Onboard Australia. The same Mona Vale based crew that has built CI's in Australia since the early 1990s. Chris "Cutch" is the head shaper, and most of the staff are Aus transplants. They do export at times back to Aus, Japan, and a...
  12. S

Calling the Glasser....

All the small glass shops and even most of the larger glass shops don't have a dedicated "customer service" person. That means in order to answer your request, someone is putting their tools down. And not working on your or your buddy's board. The people at glass shops are piece rate, meaning...
  13. S

Stab in the dark 2023

Eithan part, notice the attention to filming the grip application.... homage to the greatest line in SITD history. Won't give away the results...
  14. S

Team manager says a Fever. He got a few Fevers in his last batch; 5'11" x 19 x 2 9/16 x 30.3L PU/PE 5'10" x 19 3/16 x 2 9/16 x 30.4L SpineTek and in PU/PE His OGF is 5'10" x 19 1/8 x 2 9/16 x 30.7L I can't find a height and weight for him at the moment.
  15. S

Just spoke with Australia guys today, interestingly OG Flyer has been on a hot run over there, the best seller over the last couple months. Then last weekend Imai gets 2nd at the Snapper contest on his Spinetek build OGF. Something just jives with that board at those waves.
  16. S

Appears you got an internal memo
  17. S

Just like any "journalist" they spin for interest. To clarify, the BQ sells very well in USA. Top 3. We limited the sales data provided to top 6 boards in each region, meaning Bobby Quad didn't make top in all regions, but still came ahead of many other models, so not "worst selling" Not...
  18. S

Stab in the dark 2023

CI Pro with relaxed nose and tail rocker, talking less that 1/8" on both = CI 2.Pro. With surfing at this level that curve change does make a big difference. How that 1/8" less curve is placed in the rocker is determined by a year's worth of constant tour level feedback. Meaning it's not just...
  19. S

Stab in the dark 2023

SITD is one of the rare digital surf productions out there that can hold my attention. Some heavy hitters tonight. Episode 2 (May 11th, 5 pm PDT) – two boards advance Britt Merrick of Channel Islands Christiaan Bradley of Bradley Surfboards Jason Stevenson of JS Industries Keith Teboul of KT...