Search results

1. trifish

updated Christenson models

Considering the performance push I think it would of been nice if he placed the fins up a little more instead of the classic keel position where the trailing edge hits the crack. I've ridden a few of these types of boards now and the ones with the fins up a little more definitely turn better...
  2. trifish

*** Official Fin Thread ***

Keel fish are known for being drivey, especially if you have a wave with some runway. They are some of my favorite boards to surf because of the drive and feel they have. I only ride quads in small surf where I need to generate speed. For me, they work great in those scenarios. I'm much more...
  3. trifish

FCS vs. Futures Fin Cant

I'd say most my friends are lucky to install their fins correctly
  4. trifish

What was the last board you clicked with well & what was the fin setup on it?
  5. trifish

Ok, posted a couple of better shots above. Yeh, I was bummed to see how far back it really moved them and a bit more rake. My Sakal's that have boxes placed for the og keels would all have the fin trailing edge lower than the buttcrack if I stuck those new ones in them. I guess maybe cc is...
  6. trifish

Incase anybody was curious, new futures cc keel vs his discontinued older capt fin one.
  7. trifish

Varial RIP

Its a fun board. Feels like a little less volume than numbers suggest. Lots of performance packed into that model. The closest twin I've had to a hpsb i'd say. I've been digging mine with t1's in it.
  8. trifish

Random, Kelly paddling out in an Isurus wettie at Margie's.

Has potential for an epic turtle neck tan line though
  9. trifish

WTB EA Futures honeycomb

Maybe this guy would ship https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/spo/d/haleiwa-future-fins-ea/7724006459.html
  10. trifish

Squash tail thruster with twin plus trailer…

Pyzel Gremlin worked great with the Machado twin plus trailer in it. It worked well as a thruster or quad also, but my favorite setup in that board was the twin w/ trailer. Matched well with the grovel conditions that suited the board. Noticeably faster with that setup in it for me. Good board.
  11. trifish

A chat about the AM1/AM2 fin template.

Have always been a fan of Am1's & Am2's in honeycomb. Pretty much my go to in thrusters unless the board has very little tail rocker.
  12. trifish

updated Christenson models

That looks like a lot of nose rocker added on the phish from the previous version
  13. trifish

How should a shaper handle this?

Yeh as mentioned, fcs is a little shorter by a couple mm. I used to have spare bags of both. @ReForest I've retapped a couple by filling with jbweld, waiting for it to cure, than drilling & tapping. Worked well.
  14. trifish

"best" way to reshape glass fins

Sometimes I grab my insurance card from my wallet and slide it under the rear base for added safety. A little wax on the base definitely helps also. Lots of keels have that overhang.
  15. trifish

How should a shaper handle this?

I was buying a tailgate pad the other day and one of the reviews was a guy complaining that he left the long strap dangling after securing his board and it slapped his board in the wind making pressure marks. 1 star. This is the world we live in.
  16. trifish

Varial RIP

Never seen that issue with any of mine and i've had a lot of them. I guess i'm lucky :shrug:
  17. trifish

Long fish - but shorter?

Long Phish 2.0 model up at Real and Surfer Rosa 2.0 https://www.realwatersports.com/collections/christenson-long-phish-2-0 "Updates on the Long Phish 2.0 include increased nose rocker, step deck foil forward, increased outline curve out the back and a reverse vee bottom shape. All of these...
  18. trifish

Reflective board bags - very few manufacturers making them?

I watch my bags get unloaded each trip. They are loading/unloading so fast they don't have time to think. They go straight from the plane to the cart. If yours is the first one off, you will be at the bottom. Next one off will be tossed on top of yours...etc. There isn't time for them to be...
  19. trifish

Album Surfboards

Did you ever figure out how it got that way?
  20. trifish

Anybody know of a place still selling the OG Christenson keels? Would like to get my hands on a backup set and looks like all the big retailers have moved over to the new version