Search results

1. hklocal

Happy Birthday PPK!

Keep on truckin PPK :shaka: Aloha, Darryl
  2. hklocal

***The Official Retirement Post***

I think that was Davey Jones Locker. We jumped in the pool and mooned people at the bar. Classic! Good you had some local braddas with you at that time. Rice bowls was a fun peak with a cool double up back door tube on occasion. I've almost drowned three times in my life, one was at Backyards...
  3. hklocal

Im sure we surfed together but didn't know it. I grew up in Hawaii Kai and went two years at Kaiser HS the finished up at Saint Louis HS. We used to party at a bar in Pucks alley, but I forgot the name, perhaps Magoo's??? Those were the days. Surf all day then party at night. There were alot of...
  4. hklocal

I graduated high school in 1978, started University of Hawaii undergrad and was kicked out because of bad grades after two years, due to my passion for surfing the North Shore and mucho partying. I wasn't ready for college just like so many people at that age. Finally got my sh!t together and...
  5. hklocal

5 Guys

There used to be a dive restaurant in Haleiwa where the Beach House is now that you could 5 hamburgers for a dollar. we would each order like 10-15 burgers each and munch out. I forgot the name, but this was in the late 70's early 80's.
  6. hklocal

external ear canal exostosis surgeon in San Diego recommendation

Need my exostosis chipped away again. Anyone have a good experience with a surgeon in San Diego?
  7. hklocal

NSR - Motorcycle Dual-Sport BDR

That looks awesome.
  8. hklocal

NSR - Motorcycle Dual-Sport BDR

Fun exploring trails in San Diego. Got my wheels at my house in Baja, and my DR650 for running around the neighborhood and San Diego in general.
  9. hklocal

Fires in Maui

There was not one drop of sincerity in Biden's speech in Lahaina. Pitiful!
  10. hklocal

Fires in Maui

Mahalo for helping out, fantastic generosity.
  11. hklocal

Del Mar Zone Reccos

I second this recommendation. They also have Duet IPA from Alpine brewing on tap. Best brew to wash down a California burrito!
  12. hklocal

Fires in Maui

How the Maui wildfires devastated Lahaina, hour by hour In a visual timeline, survivors recount how they were overwhelmed by the fire’s speed, smothering smoke and lack of escape routes. This article from the Washington Post is very interesting. A family up by Lahainaluna high school were...
  13. hklocal

Fires in Maui

My heart is broken right now. My friend has people she knows who lost 10 houses in Lahaina , and of yesterday 10 were unaccounted for. To lose Lahaina is an extreme blow to the islands. My son and his wife are in Wailea on their honeymoon after getting married in Hanalei last weekend and are...
  14. hklocal

ignore

The waves have literally sucked for months
  15. hklocal

Big wave spots with easy paddle outs

I stayed in the lighthouse at Todos Santos which was fantastic. The mexican folks that take care of the island set us up with food and bedding. Scored it really big and clean. We jumped off the island off to the side and was no problem. Getting caught inside was a different story all together...
  16. hklocal

Surf and ocean art

Some of my original art I've picked up over the years. Many of them I acquired at the San Diego Surfrider yearly art gala.
  17. hklocal

OHANA Beach Club, Hawaiian Inspired Oceanfront Vacation Rental in Cape May, NJ

I'm from Hawaii. I think they seem like a cool family who appreciate Hawaii and also appreciate certain Hawaiian values. If I went to NJ (which I might, to get some of those tubes), I would stay with them. I bet they are more chill than most tourists that visit Hawaii.
  18. hklocal

Semi retirement.... What's your experience?

32 years post medical school, I am now part time 3 days a week. Usually two days from home and one day in the hospital. I will fully retire in 1 1/2 years. This part time schedule is fantastic, wish I could have done it sooner but my group only reserves that option for your last two years...