Search results

1. flyinraptr

Surfer run over by fishing boat at Colorado's

Surprised this hasn't shown up here yet ... a couple of days ago ... a visiting surfer ... was run over by a fishing boat while coming in from a surf session. It was life threatening ... he was rescued by several people and then air lifted to Miami for an operation to save his leg. I have...
  2. flyinraptr

Masters of the Air

Anyone watching? It is the third series following Band of Brothers and the Pacific ... from Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks. This one is also based on factual novels ... this one so far is mainly about the 100th Bomb Regiment .... B17 crews flying deep into Germany territory. I had a...
  3. flyinraptr

Lost Mini Driver replacement?

As our season is starting to wind down .... was thinking of clearing out some of my boards that i hadn't ridden in a long time. As i was going through em .... came across my Lost Mini Driver .... it's been at least 4 years since i've ridden it. i cleaned it up it has had some serious ding...
  4. flyinraptr

Got Wood?

i happened to come across this .. some nice lookin' shapes .... spiked my curiousity .... https://www.instagram.com/bosinysurf/ https://www.bosinysurf.com I've never ridden a wooden board ... my first impression is that they would feel heavy but on the Bosinysurf website they make a point...
  5. flyinraptr

New CI Tri-Plane close to official release ...

Devon Howard posted up some pics and a clip of the new design on IG. Looks like the official release is coming later this month. The clip shows him on a 7'1" in rather small - slow conditions. I don't see this design as a groveler .... looks like it would be well suited for lined up or...
  6. flyinraptr

US to end negative Covid-19 test requirements for entering country.

Breaking news .... White House to end Covid-19 test requirement for international air travelers (nbcnews.com) Of course .... they would announce this right after i just purchased a Covid-19 home test kit.
  7. flyinraptr

Q-cell substitue?

Got a rail ding this morning ... I am gonna look around but not very confident that i will be able to find anyone who has Q-cell for sale. i know i can pick up Solerez but this ding/crack is on the rail and don't want to mess around. Anyone have any luck using something as a substitute in a...
  8. flyinraptr

Bocas Los Toros?

Starting to plan a trip either late this year or early next year.. Hope to get a couple surf sessions in but not a priority ... need to find a place with enough amenities and activities to keep Mrs. Flyinraptr happy. The Red Frog Resort looks like a potential winner ... any recommendations...
  9. flyinraptr

Tip to tip V bottom?

Was browsing in the local surf shop in town the other day and came across a beautiful 6'4" single fin - pintail hanging on the wall. Checking it out - noticed it had a V bottom from nose to tail. The board itself is beautiful - looks to be built for a specific purpose - getting barreled. I...
  10. flyinraptr

Hecho a mano en Nica!!!

New board i just picked up today - custom shaped by hand in Nica!! 6'10" x 21 1/8" x 2 3/4". New swell on the way ... can't wait to get it in the water!
  11. flyinraptr

Murphy's Law .... @#$%!

So got word yesterday morning from a local shaper that my new custom is just about ready - they were doing the finish sanding. So went out for a surf around mid-day .... waves were chest high but looked perfect. Heading out - shuffling my feet - about waist deep in water and wham. Sting ray...
  12. flyinraptr

PU vs Epoxy question ...

Have a PU board that i need to retire ... ordering a new board to replace it ... can only get a epoxy blank. Been awhile since i've ridden /ordered an epoxy board. The existing PU board is 6'8" x 21 1/8 x 2 3/4. To get close to the same floatation - feel with an epoxy - should i go thinner -...
  13. flyinraptr

CI Twin Pin

The videos of Mikey February on it look pretty damn good .... but he looks smooth on everything he rides. Would be interesting to compare to other twin pins that are already out. CI's description of the bottom "From the nose and toward the back, the bottom is flat, then to a slight roll, and...
  14. flyinraptr

Hatchet fins ....

Seems to be the latest craze or the marketers would have you believe. Single fin hatchet fins have been around for awhile but now seeing them for twins and quads. True Ames - has a twin fin hatchet set - Wayne Rich Nightmare Keels and now Futures is selling a quad set from none other than Dan...
  15. flyinraptr

C'mon B!tches show me your ...

yeah yeah - old trick but still fooled you. Getting ready to move into a new house in a few weeks so first priority after settling in is building a new surfboard rack. Nothing elaborate but wanted to get some ideas/creativity flowing ... so show me what you got. I prefer mine standing up...
  16. flyinraptr

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! Whatever part of the world you find yourself in I hope you're getting some and best of luck in '21!
  17. flyinraptr

The B@stards finally got me!

Sting ray - right into my heel .... first time for everything. Hopped off my board after a wave - was pretty far inside - wham got hit. Came in - didn't think it was too bad .... decided to drive home before soaking in hot water - mistake. About half-way (10 minute drive) the pain started ...
  18. flyinraptr

Holy Crap!!!

Solspot's forecast for this week - Nica .... just noticed the forecast for this coming Saturday! Whoa ... MagicSeaweed usually underestimates size .... has it in the 7'-11' range. I can't see that far ahead with Surfline.