Search results

1. B

FS: Campbell Bros MB5 & Von Sol Flying Manta(Von Sol SOLD)

I wanted to let everyone know who may be interested that Delta Air Cargo was a no go for me. They didn't inform me on the phone but you have to have an account with them or go through the process of TSA approval. The guy working the counter told me it could take weeks to months for approval...
  2. B

Thanks. Jacob Campbell does some very nice stuff.
  3. B

MB5 6’ x 21 1/2” x 2 5/8 with 6.5 True Ames Bonzer fin and Curve travel bag. Condition of board is 9.5. A few pressures on deck consistent with around 6 sessions and one insignificant half inch surface crack near rail. (Bumped against something) Bottom is flawless. $750 (the oval on the bottom...
  4. B

Custom Order Deposits: Refund Seeking

Believe me...I understand about life gets in the way sometimes. But we are mostly talking about a communication issue. I mean shapers are running a business whether they like it or not when you accept someone's money for a product. Not making time to respect the people paying their bills by not...
  5. B

I think it's disrespectful and very poor business ethics. It depends on your stance. For me life is too short to be jerked around by people like that (especially if you are paying premium prices)and there are plenty of OTR options if you put in the time to find what you are looking for. I had an...
  6. B

I honestly think he didn't start on it.
  7. B

immediately found an OTR that I'm very happy with. Go figure!
  8. B

I recently pulled the plug on a custom and this is how I rationalized it. He quoted me 4 weeks. I'll understand if it takes double that time. But then you have to figure out where to draw the line and cancel. I did it at 12 weeks. I told him that my business must not be that important to him and...
  9. B

*SOLD*FS: 9" True Ames Squirrel Cutaway Fin

Bump one last time $40
  10. B

Price Drop....$45 + shipping
  11. B

Used a hand full of times. Very minimal sand burn on leading edge. $50 + shipping. Shipped a fin yesterday and it was $8.25 USPS Priority .
  12. B

Ear plug recommendations

I've been alternating between Doc's Pro Plugs and TYR. TYR's are very cheap and both work pretty good but I do find when I take them off there is a little moisture inside. I have not lost one yet in surf up to head high. If I know I'm going to be doing a lot of duck diving and it's bigger I...
  13. B

**BONZER THREAD 2014**

Wow!! I was looking at pics of this board on another thread and it's what prompted me to ask on this thread. I am also 5'8 170# and just turned 50 on 4/20 Lol. How does she turn/cutbacks? I would imagine like any 5fin but how does the swing weight feel? Beauty!!!
  14. B

**BONZER THREAD 2014**

Okay Bonzer nation, i've got a question for y'll. I'm on the hunt for a mid length to fill the gab between my 6'8 Bonzer5 Egg and 9'3 Parallax. 7'8 or 7'10 is what i'm thinking. I know the 5 fin egg is popular but what are your opinions and experiences with other models? POD? Mini Longboard...
  15. B

Hey man, so sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I actually got a MB5 from Jacob Campbell just...

Hey man, so sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I actually got a MB5 from Jacob Campbell just recently. So I have no input on the Octafish. I would still love to get one but, between my Egg and MB5, I'm all set for now.
  16. B

Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

Upright Stilettos
  17. B

I personally LOVE the Stiletto fins in my Manta. I got them with the board and there is no need to try anything else. I occasionally add the nub if I need more grip.
  18. B

Thunderbolt construction - anyone have feedback

I also have a 9'3 Parallax. I cannot say enough good things about this board. I'm waiting to see if CJ comes out with a new mid-length. If not then a Moe is next on my list. I will still always have my traditional build Bonzers but, I'm really liking the Thunderbolt tech.
  19. B

fish or mini-Simmons?

Just get a Flying Manta w/stilettos and call it a day!
  20. B

I have the Wired Tech, bought OTR and is still one of my most favorite boards ever. 3 years and still going strong.