Search results

1. T

Board Stolen and Nailed to Tree - Jupiter, FL

I'm going to guess there's more to the story. The spot in the picture is a spot that a lot of local families frequent -- often lots of kids in the water anytime there are waves. (I've taken my kids here to surf; I was just there with my kids about a week ago; my neighbor is one of the...
  2. T

The COIL review thread

Kirk will answer this one: coilboards@gmail.com
  3. T

The COIL review thread

First feeler email was two weeks before deposit.
  4. T

Miami was PUMPING

I checked the cams a couple times. Lots of dudes on it early. Later, it looked much bigger and wild with only a few guys on it. The crazy thing was that there were several South Florida spots that were virtually flat while that was all happening. It was like all of the fetch had been pointed...
  5. T

The COIL review thread

Deposit was sent on 8/12. Email that said "Your board is ready" was 8/25. So, no, it wasn't 2 weeks. It was 13 days. I was quoted "4 weeks or so." Kirk probably just liked my order more than yours.
  6. T

The COIL review thread

This new one has the dimples, but they seem a little more subtle than prior ones I've had. I dropped the last one on concrete, directly onto the rail -- only got a scratch. With this new one, I've already bonked it into a metal pole and a car door with no damage. Up close, the build looks...
  7. T

The COIL review thread

5'8 x 19.2 x 2.3 x ~28L I'm not sure what it is -- might be a wider wider board or based off that. I just told him what I was thinking and sent him a couple pictures from his instagram, and he sent me a design draw-up with this. Board works.
  8. T

The COIL review thread

9. T

The COIL review thread

I'll try to click a couple tomorrow.
  10. T

The COIL review thread

Just got one in from Kirk; board looks great. Deposit to "Board is Ready" took about 2 weeks. And overall cost was less than the 2 week rush up-charge from Varial. ...Just saying.
  11. T

Album Surfboards

I like the TA Stussy Power Twins better than the NVS Album twins in my Twinsman. NVS were good; Stussys are better.
  12. T

The COIL review thread

Yeah, I ordered that one in 2015 if it's the one I think it is. I bet it still looks nearly new. The M80 I got in that same order was probably a top 5 all time board for me; I still regret selling it. Where did you get it?
  13. T

The COIL review thread

Funny this thread just popped up. Exchanged a couple emails with Kirk in last couple/few days about a new board. Should have never sold that last M80 I had. Trying to make things right. Mike is retired -- confirmed by Kirk. Good for him -- bummer for us.
  14. T

*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

Did Mark from Boston (or should I say Mawk from Bawstin?) order an appropriately sized surfboard given the size human that he is and his surfing ability?
  15. T

*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

What size human is that one ideally for (assuming competent surfing ability and all)? That one is your answer to the min-sim correct?
  16. T

Album Surfboards

Do you consider head high to be lower end? I've been surfing my twinsman in thigh high Florida wind chop with decent enough results (definitely better on a wave with some form and room to run, but what board isn't?). I went thinner than stock (relatively tall for my weight). I feel like more...
  17. T

Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

When I ordered in February, I think they said 12 weeks for clear poly infused, but it was shipped in 5 weeks. Just waiting on Fedex at this point.
  18. T

Whats your DD

Any of you Flare fans have the esteemed Coil M80 back in the day? Similar feel and range?
  19. T

Oversized FW Twice Baked - Fin Recommendations

Good suggestion. I got the large machado tri keels for sale too. New for 70 shipped. Buy those and my large AM tri quad set for 170 shipped. Perfect fin quiver for this board.