Search results

1. W

Dogs and Dead Seals

New puppy found his first dead seal today went in like I've never seen before. Fully enveloped in the rotten body cavity with only four paws exposed, shooting to the sky, nestling deeper in the liquified putridness. By the time I ran over and yanked him out of there, he was covered in slime...
  2. W

PWC Questions

Anyone here have some experience with PWCs they'd be willing to share? I'm interested in a two seater with rescue sled and outfitting it for fishing. Primarily trolling for salmon and bottom fishing for sea bass/lings/etc. Crab pots on the sled. Will be beach launching at times. I'm sure...
  3. W

BSR Wavepool Waco?

Who's been and what do I need to know? Got 3 hours total booked and trying to figure out if regular shortboard/fins are fine but feel like something shorter and stubbier might be the call? Bringing my everyday Lost Driver 5'11" and step down Uber Driver XL 5'8". Probably just some regular...
  4. W

Things To Do in and Around San Francisco, Nayarit

Meeting up with some old college buddies in a family house in San Francisco, Nayarit next week. 2 out of 5 of us still surf. Forecast looks small. Two of us are stone sober but don't mind enjoying some night life. All of us enjoy fishing. All of us have families and will not be looking for...
  5. W

Gary "Gaz" Gregg aka Bloomies Paddle Out

El Ogro mentioned on a different thread about catching one for Bloomies. Made me realize he never got his due here on the erbb after passing from natural causes way to young. Some of you knew him from his postings here and the luckier ones got to meet or surf with him in person. A true surfer...
  6. W

NSR Guitar Buying Question

Seems like there's a fair amount of musicians that post here and I'm looking for some advice on purchasing a guitar online. Any recommendations you can share on reputable dealers that you've used and had good experiences with? I'm a staunch advocate of supporting brick and mortar small...
  7. W

VHS to DVD or Digital converter?

Buddy of mine just snapped his ankle skating and is laid up for a bit. He's younger and I'd like to share some surf video content I've got on VHS that is collecting dust. Videos that are home made, not on the web, aren't readily available for purchase, or copyrighted. What's the best way to...
  8. W

Let's Help Qsurf and His Wife Out

If you're like me and have been missing the stock Qsurf shares on this forum and in real life, here's a chance to bring it back. He and his wife are battling her cancer and could use some help. If you are inclined to show some support, please click the link below...