Search results

1. T

...Lost Board builder WTF?

...Lost....In translation
  2. T

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

You are definitely not. I just ordered a bunch of boards from Stamps and was asking him about it because the 5'10 Flare I got a year ago has become my favorite board. But...While the width makers it very user friendly it also can catch a bit if I really lay into a turn on a decent wave. Looking...
  3. T

TENORE

They got married?
  4. T

What’s your favorite OTR Daily Driver

The daily driver type board is probably what I plot the most on. Have several old ones that are still decent but usually buy 3 or so a year. Notables: OG Flyer: Probably most user friendly easy to surf. Good range but sometimes I wish it was a little more spicy, it's so dependable it almost...
  5. T

Car Insurance Went Up Again

I have a Plumbing Company with 4 commercial vehicles. Since I started in 2015 rate jumped from $2500/yr to $8000/yr. Also have Inland Marine insurance which was a pain to find someone who would even cover in CA. Pretty sure rates are sky high from all the fire loss claims. I don't know if it's...
  6. T

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

I think a lot of boards initially feel stiff but after a handful of waves the flexing kind of breaks them in and they go better. Also sometimes same spot, same swell direction, size and period waves will just will be weirder one day and a board will feel like sh!t but surf it again and it will...
  7. T

Surf vloggin' review of Sunset Cliffs, San Diego. (please subscribe)

Fuck the kooks are growing bolder everyday.
  8. T

Kelly Slater put me in a chokehold

It’s been a while since we’ve seen a JAH, Stuart Lanning jr, village idiot, Veronica Gray, type character around here. You know those threads you don’t really want to click on but do and can’t look away? Hope this is’nt the start of a “Serena” type story. Also lol at the two Christians...
  9. T

*** Official MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal Contest Thread ***

Gabe’s last wave coulda got the score but I believe he was thinking there was more meat on the bone down the line and kinda check turned the first most critical section to avoid falling. If he went 100 percent then did the float he probably would have gotten it. Both Gabe and Italo have the...
  10. T

HPSB 2034

I think materials are the next major innovation to be had. Some sort of a shrink wrap glassing rather than manual layering glass, saturating, sanding and hot coat would significantly reduce cost.
  11. T

HPSB 2034

I dont give a sh!t about pressure dings. Just that board keeps its livelyness.
  12. T

HPSB 2034

Feel the exact same way about varial. The ability to get a board that feels like a poly and not have it degrade in 3-6 months has been epic. Tried a stock 5’10 Flare and was so stoked on it that I ordered a FX , GX and Warhawk in Varial. Don’t plan on buying another board for a long time. That...
  13. T

*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

"Waste of a grip"
  14. T

Dumpster Diver 2

Is there anything he can do that isn't likable and relatable (besides his surfing, that's not relatable).
  15. T

*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

I think Ewing would be an epic pick for SITD on a long clean point wave. His technique is so flawless I think it would be more obvious which boards performed best and which were dogs. Most other surfers the boards all looked like they worked similarly IMO (Except Jordy on Hayden).
  16. T

Dumpster Diver 2

In the second video at the end said he was 6' 190 wonder what his real dims are. Always thought some more volume would smooth out some of the jerkiness he has between turns.
  17. T

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Damn, I’ve got 3 in the works and was planning on bringing Henhouse. Guess I’ll get him some Ghost Town.
  18. T

Different strains....

Anybody ever tried this?: https://lagunitashifi.com/ I went through the heavy smoker phase in high school but got caught and cut it way down after mostly because the stuff all my friends would get was too gnarly unless tolerance was way up. Anyways wanted to cut back on drinking for a while...
  19. T

*** Official MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal Contest Thread ***

Was thinking he's kind of Jeremy Flores 2.0. Scrappy euro guy that's not afraid to speak his mind and consistently beats guys who are out of his league skill wise.
  20. T

San Clemente's "2 Percenters" : the next "Brazilian Storm"?

Kinda but surfing scores are a lot more subjective. Someone who has little experience surfing having any grasp on what surfing should be rewarded is a bigger discrepancy than a football fan feeling they were robbed because of a penalty.