Search results

1. M

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Picking up the 5'10" x 19.25" x 2.38" warhawk within the next week or two. I'll post quiver pics once it's in my dirty grubby mitts.
  2. M

What's his quoted wait time right now?
  3. M

Finally got the b12 step up in OH+ surf at a ledgy wave that has some sections where the bottom drops out. The thing absolutely goes, best step up I’ve had in a very long time.
  4. M

Yeah, and the modern rocker profile with lower nose and more tail rocker.
  5. M

Yeah mostly. I also own a 6'6" and a 6'10" but those boards are old and I never really felt I needed them that much around here. I think I've used the 6'10" in southern CA once. You just don't need much board at the waves I surf. Also I'd ride a modern 6'1 or 6'2" stepup in waves I'd be on a...
  6. M

Yeah my approach to quivers is probably bad for shapers bottom line. Also it's technically 3 boards if you include the stepup, but 99% of my surfing is done on a 5'8" x 19 3/4" fish or a 5'9" x 19ish" hpsb. As a kid I could only afford one or two boards at most so I just got used to that. If I'm...
  7. M

I've only ridden the B12 stepup once during that October south swell in socal. Kinda hard to explain the setup without giving it away, but I used the glass EA’s when I rode it during that October socal south swell. High tide at first and the B12 wasn't going on the head high kinda flat waves...
  8. M

Twitter lol

I'm married into a family of engineers. Some of them are just like this. My FIL has the same tic about people calling airport runways the "tarmac."
  9. M

Leash broke at a rocky wave and the days of my grinder x are now numbered. I went ahead and just put in an online order to Tim but wanted to hear what you guys think. So my socal quiver is normally two (or three) boards. A fish, an everyday shortboard, and a stepup. The problem I've had is the...
  10. M

Twitter lol

Twitter is filled with nerds who are really awkward in person but really good at thinking of zingers 5 min later. I'm really curious to learn more why twitter isn't "tech". Is it a "building rockets to space is tech, programming content algorithms to hijack attention span is not" type of thing?
  11. M

Twitter lol

Elon bought twitter for the same reason that Putin invaded Ukraine.
  12. M

The (Prone) Paddleboard Thread

For sure, he and I have been talking over DM. I want to make sure I can keep up with them first though. The constant low grade intensity is different than the stop and start sprints I do when normally surfing.
  13. M

South Bay, work in OC.
  14. M

Ordered one of those this weekend. I've been scheming how I can get a second paddle in on weekdays. I feel like a grom again.
  15. M

Just did my first paddle this morning on a 12ft bark surftech commander. Don't know how far I went but I paddled straight for a little over an hour. Probably only 2 or 3 miles but I don't feel super tired. I'm gonna go tomorrow and try to push it a little further. Also I'll remember to turn on...
  16. M

Twitter lol

I think Elon bought twitter because "making the libs mad" would get him praise from weird right wing nerds that hang out on twitter. He sold off the blue check because it would undercut the prestige and status of the media class. He thought he could do this without losing any advertisers. But...
  17. M

SoCal cold, which is minor compared to what you get. Water temps can get down to low 50's usually a couple days a year, but mostly hangs around high 50's during the winter. Also I'm generally pretty cold tolerant especially when working out. I'm comfortable surfing in a 2mil short arm full when...
  18. M

Picked up a used 12' commander. One of the regular surftech ones I think. What do you guys wear when the water is cold? Also what's the coldest you trunk it in?
  19. M

***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

Very successful contractor of high end homes. I have no knowledge of their business but know a few in OC and South Bay and they make a lot of money. edit: Pure speculation but I get grandparent money vibes from them as well but who knows.
  20. M

Florida hpsb inquiry

I've never had much luck reading surfboard descriptions online and buying them based on that. A mayhem hpsb described as low rocker will probably have more rocker than another shapers board marketed as medium or high rocker so it's not a very good comparison. I've had the best luck getting...