Search results

1. S

Philidelphia/South Jersey

I did the commute from Philly to LBI and vice versa for a bit from undergrad and for a while after while working right in Center City at the Franklin Institute. It wasn't the greatest commute but it was nice to experience both the city with all it has to offer and come home to the beach and get...
  2. S

Complicated truths about wind power and right whales…..

It's the industrialization of our oceansssss. Next breath we are supposed to be concerned with the effects the wind turbines will have on commercial fishing vessels, large shipping vessels and the military. None of them have already industrialized our oceans? The anti winders are the dumbest...
  3. S

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Nothing like the Japow dumps but got in the first trip of the year finally over the weekend. For as hit or miss as it’s been on the East Coast we hit this one. Friday we got a no lift line afternoon at Stowe with a few inches of new snow continuing all day. From there went north and crossed the...
  4. S

A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

Got our asses kicked fighting what could have been a 100"+ bluefin today. 4.5 hours later and getting very dark we locked down the drag on an 18k Certate and it finally broke the 120lbs leader.
  5. S

Back to that time of year here. Fish should have taped out close to 50" and 40+lbs. Safe release.
  6. S

***2023 Hurricane Season Thread***

We got to host the local contest yesterday in all time conditions. Some amazing barrels. Raised a bunch of money in memory of a good friend too that will go towards some scholarships. Thanks Lee.
  7. S

Show us your POWERBOATS

September is the perfect time to finally bottom paint right? New water line looks good. Going onto a friend's uncle's mooring since he's out already for the season and then moving to her new home Oct/Nov once we close on a house. Hopefully get a lottery slot at our new neighborhood's slips on...
  8. S

Slow with the occasional good sets coming through. But light offshore and 2 other people out works for me. What crowds?
  9. S

Should have went north but the novelty wave was doing its thing and hard to pass up. Some long lined up lefts on the right tide.
  10. S

You won't see me shooting bass. But there are guys who can't help it. Some that I know and dive with.
  11. S

Bit of a smorgasbord yesterday. 4 of us and some perfecting hunting water. Found the herd of sheepshead, put the 3 other guys on them and everyone got one first drift, then it was my turn and dropped right into the middle of the school. Laid on the bottom til they swarmed me.
  12. S

Fun fight but not too terrible. That's a 10000 Stella on a jigging rod rated up to 350g so I could put the screws to the fish a bit. There were 100lbs+ bluefin mixed in though and that would have been a different story.
  13. S

Annual dive trip to Block with a quick offshore run with good weather last week. Put the beat down on some yellowfin. Don't tell anyone we were within ear shot of a current wind project going in. Whales, dolphins and birds like you wouldn't believe.
  14. S

Black seabass. Eat just about anything you put in front of them. Super fun to jig on light gear. Equally as fun to shoot but need to get down about 40-50' on wrecks in NJ. Easier up north to find them shallower.
  15. S

Has to be my favorite fish we catch around here still. The coolest blues/greens/turquoises when all lit up and a fun fight on light tackle. And then they are just delicious whether raw or cooked. This batch is scaled and gutted, ready to be reverse butterflied and cooked whole tomorrow. If you...
  16. S

Water is starting to warm up and the big bass are less plentiful but there's more variety now. I thought I had the oddity yesterday with a sheepie at the given location until my dive buddy shot a 34lbs black drum. Not great vis but plenty to find some dinner.
  17. S

Land based. With a speargun.
  18. S

Back in action with the opening of tog season at the beginning of the month. Good to wet the gills and eat some fresh fish.
  19. S

Gromsdad always the expert but always wrong. Your friend is breaking the law. Anyone with a brain knows we have resident fish in NJ. That is separate from the early push of sizable fish given higher water temps this year. I'll be poking around for tog on Saturday. Poking them literally with a spear.
  20. S

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Got in 3 fun days with limited crowds at Vail to start this week. No crazy dumps but 3-6" Tuesday made the back bowls super fun.