Search results

1. manel85

Occy-Boxy Shortboards

Yeah, I'm hard for this... Good stuff...
  2. manel85

Occy-Boxy Shortboards

That's really a good looking sled, any pics of the bottom/concaves ?
  3. manel85

Occy-Boxy Shortboards

I see the glass slipper trend making a slight comeback, but has anyone ridden or felt up a good modernized version of the good old squash tail boxy shortboard (like a Rusty 1984 - thruster, twinzer, quad, doesn't matter). Looking at some old Occy footage and loving the idea of one. Please share.
  4. manel85

WTB: Bonzer runners

I have an extra clear set, used a couple of times, from RFC. I assume you're on the West Coast, can send them to you for 25 bucks, shipping included.
  5. manel85

Your current two board quiver

OG Flyer w/ Red Beauty bands & retro logos... + BB .. Yeah, you should do it
  6. manel85

Album Surfboards

Yeah, I have a 6'3 x 20.5 x 2.68 XTR (200lbs when on a 5/4) and this is the post I left in the XTR thread when someone asked me about it In my mind I was acquiring a longer rail fish, I dim'd it a bit longer and narrower that you'd do for a fish and that it would go well in 1'-4' east coast...
  7. manel85

Divorce Thread better than book thread

I’m a young man with a young family. This is probably the wisest thing I have ever read in here
  8. manel85

The new Christenson Wolverine

Curious about that construction Miguel Blanco is riding them with some success - what kind of board are you riding ?
  9. manel85

The new Christenson Wolverine

As someone who grew up in Portugal and lives in the US I would say that the surfboard quality here (when done at a proper glass shop) is miles ahead of even the best stuff (Pukas, Ocean Magic), only to be topped by some Australian shops (Rhino, Sun Glass). Cheaper too... It's almost worth it to...
  10. manel85

*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

Maybe - didn't pay enough attention I guess - but the conditions were substantially inferior to when the Aussie boards were tested
  11. manel85

*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

Totally although the conditions at Keramas were much cleaner and rippable than the previous peak where the big names skanked
  12. manel85

Controller Alpha Quad Fins

What trifish said + currently into bamboo version and I am a great fan. The flex of the bamboo makes them a tad more forgiving in smaller surf.
  13. manel85

Airport Recommendations

Would add that the level of homelessness and construction around Penn Station these days (plus all the immigrants coming down from Texas being hosted in the garment district) make walking around there kind of sketchy function of the time of the day.
  14. manel85

Airport Recommendations

LGA
  15. manel85

Mental Health thread

I agree, and it is partially what this book covers, a lot of abusive and destructive behaviors men tend to have are connected to running away from the pain of depression and trauma. I surely have or have had both and it is a long life battle to keep above the surface. I'm willing to bet that...
  16. manel85

Mental Health thread

Sorry for hijacking the mourning of my fellow erBB members (condolences @mundus, os meus pêsames @brukuns) I recently read a book about male depression that has helped me understand some of the patterns of my addiction to surfing, and less healthier things. If you are going through something...
  17. manel85

XTR

I'll be frank, it took like 10 surfs for me to get used to it. I really wanted to like it, and glad I finally did, but had to fight for it. In my mind I was acquiring a longer rail fish, I dim'd it a bit longer and narrower that you'd do for a fish and that it would go well in 1'-4' east coast...
  18. manel85

XTR

Makes me feel good about my 1 month old XTR Vesper... I noticed that the order # made a significant jump - now 11xxx, from 8xxx - in the space of 5 months or so, and confronted Shey w/ this and he said the number was real and the volume was up.
  19. manel85

XTR

Did anyone notice that Rusty is back in the roster and they added Chilli? I wonder if he’s selling to a larger surfboard brand …
  20. manel85

Mundaka Update!!

Neco Padaretz... What a blast from the past. What an epic memory I have with him. Later in his career (he went back to the QS in 03) I was a young grom surfing around the Espinho area and on like a wobbly 10 foot swell where nobody dared to go in he just goes in to surf and enters in a totally...