Search results

1. C

PU to Dark Arts - order same dims?

Anyone have input on whether they would order a DA board in the same dimensions as a PU board in the same model? Or does DA benefit from going a little lower volume, higher volume, etc? Also, does a non-black deck help guard against wax melting in hot conditions?
  2. C

WTB: big old cheap SUP for my parents - Oahu

Looking for a cruiser board suitable for a couple older beginners, preferably used. They will almost certainly only use it in flat or near flat water near their house on the windward side, although I'll probably take it out in surf when I'm over there. Bulletproof construction like...
  3. C

Lowest-bullshit way to buy good used boards for N Shore?

Going out to Hawaii soon for a couple weeks, looking to pick up a good shortboard if necessary. Other than scouring Craigslist/Offerup and dealing with somebody else's schedule, where can I go simply walk in somewhere, feel a couple rails, and walk out with something with minimal hassle? I'll...
  4. C

Super brand gone?

Just saw this on Reddit's surfing forum - anyone know if it's true? Hey everyone -- I ordered and paid for a Superbrand (https://www.superbranded.com) board in September, and have been trying to get in touch with them for months. I just heard that the shaper Brian Brown pulled the plug a...
  5. C

Cryptocurrency: DeFi, Farming, and Staking Megathread

Quick link to this thread can be found in Popular Threads https://forum.surfer.com/index.php?threads/links-to-popular-threads.229148/ There's more to crypto than simply aping in to random dogcoins like a goddamn degenerate. Some of these chains (not the dogcoins) actually have decentralized...
  6. C

Ollie's Point: does it work anymore?

Heard conflicting things about the wave at Ollie's since a major storm a year or two ago. Anyone been there recently and have any intel?
  7. C

Board choices for CR/Nica

Heading down in a couple weeks. Should I pack a shortboard and stepup, double up on the shortboards, or go rogue and pack a glass on twin keel fish along with the HPSB?
  8. C

Michael Tomson dead?

Seeing RIP messages on IG but nothing else.
  9. C

Good chance I'm moving to Miami.

I understand it's blocked by the Bahamas and turns into an epic madhouse 5 days a year... Where to live? Where to surf? Should I just give up and buy a wind/kite rig? Any specific tips regarding the city? The move should be financially worth it, leaving me more than enough to do LatAm/Carib...
  10. C

7'0" G&S Magic singlefin with 7.5" Skip Frye fin - $700

Great condition. Watertight, with one small ding on tail that occurred out of the water. Not even sure that it has pressure dings in the deck, but I'm lazy and have never stripped the wax off to check. Board was handshaped as a team model for Pete Johnson, who I was told simply never rode it...