Search results

1. E

Lovemachine FM

I am 6' x 165. I have a 6'9" Varial LoveMachine and a 6'6" Poly Lovelace version of the FM. To be honest, I love the 6'9" but the 6'6" is not really grabbing me by the short and curlies. It may be the build, the 6'9" is way lighter and thus feels more responsive. The 6'6" feels slower and is...
  2. E

Cloudbreak what the fvck

I wonder what size boards they were on? Looks like a big range...Benji Brand looked like he was on a 7'0", Nate looked like he was on an 8'6" and Jojo was on a 9'??
  3. E

2024 Land Cruiser

I bought my 2000 100 series 9+ years ago with 49k miles in it. Close to 135k now. I love this thing, but the 11-13mpg gets old at times. Fortunately, I work from home and don't drive more than about 8k miles per year. I was thinking about selling it and getting the new LC, but I've got 3 kids...
  4. E

2024 Land Cruiser

I had a brand new one this summer in Playa Grande for a few weeks and almost drove it home!
  5. E

Blacks

You walk the road... don't try and tailgate. They check passes often and will take access from those who let others w/o passes in.
  6. E

Lord of Dings

Coconut Peets is terrible if you want a good-looking finished product. But, they are super fast and cheap if you don't care what it looks like...
  7. E

Love Machine Surfboards

Back to the original topic...I have a 6'9" LoveMachine FM that I love. At least till I ran over some kook at my local and blew the fin box out. Had it repaired at Ropers and the channel in the middle is not the same...Hopefully, the fin cant/position hasn't changed as I haven't tried it again yet.
  8. E

Flying to Padang from the US

I did that trip from LAX to Padang in 2019 and had to do the changeover in Jakarta. 4 hours should be plenty from my recollection.
  9. E

Boars fo sale: 6'1 Pyzel Phantom, 5'11 Ryan Lovelace Burner twin, 6'0 Mandala Oracle twin (Delta-v)

Wanna trade a 6'6" Christenson Nautilus for that Lovelace twin??
  10. E

Album Surfboards

Fin suggestion for this boar? I tried my go to Rasta keels that I love in my 5/7" Lightbender and they are too much fin for this whip...thoughts?
  11. E

Pendoflex

The bottom is glassed first and the foam is sanded down significantly on the deck, sometimes down to the bottom layer of glass. He creates these contours based on the board design, fin placement, etc and they are all differnet and custom. Its not a traction pad at all, its a custom flex pattern...
  12. E

Pendoflex

I just got one, it's a 5'9" fish. I've only ridden it twice so far (I haven't surfed in like 8 weeks). Second session my first few waves I surfed like a massive kook, as the wibulation in the tail is pretty pronounced. Once I figured out where my feet needed to go I got better quickly and was...
  13. E

Retiring In Centro

Have heard that and was curious if that is a real threat. How's the fishing in that rivermouth zone? My 10 year old loves to surf but my 13 year old doesnt and is a big fisherman, so plan to spend lots of time fishing from the beach as well.
  14. E

Retiring In Centro

Ya, been to both many times, but its been a long time since I've been to CR.
  15. E

Retiring In Centro

Good call...
  16. E

Retiring In Centro

Ya I've had about a half dozen of those kinds of trips to Costa and all over Mex 15-20 years ago...haven't been down that way in a while and will have the whole family unit this time, not too worried about it. Thanks for the input! Follow up question, I am finally in a place in my life...
  17. E

Retiring In Centro

I'll be in CR (Playa Grande/Tamarindo) with my family for a month over the summer. Will have a rented full sized 4x4...curious what I should expect as far as police and tickets/bribes in that zone. Should I argue and ask for the ticket? Or just try and slide them $20? I sure aint paying $100...
  18. E

6'6" Chrtistenson Nautilus

bump, a steal at $650! I wont go any lower as I dont need the $, but my garage is getting pretty full...