Search results

1. R

Covers That Are Better Than The Originals

It's not better than the original, but Paramore recently released a decent cover (with a female singer) of the Talking Heads classic "Burning Down the House"
  2. R

I love a Good "Good Book" thread

"Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens is worth the read. The movie is good as well.
  3. R

4/20

Quick Quiz: If you were a passenger in an automobile driven by someone who was (1) medium drunk, or (2) medium high, which would you choose? [The correct answer is "none of the above", but if forced, mine would be #2]
  4. R

4/20

Is there a mushroom strain?
  5. R

4/20

That would be me.
  6. R

Best safe investment for 2024

You can still buy 6 month treasury notes at 5.4%, guaranteed by the full faith and credit of the United States of America, with the gains being exempt from state taxes. Depending on your income, state of residence, and amount invested, the actual gain could be above 6%. If you want "safe", no...
  7. R

4/20

I've certainly smoked a lot of weed since the late 1970s, but I'm down to about 2-3 times per year nowadays. This newfangled weed they sell in the legal stores in California makes me feel too funny inside. I kind of wish I still liked to smoke regularly; all of the varieties of legal...
  8. R

“O.J. Done

Dude, I binged-watched those five episodes in the past two days and it was incredibly well done. I sort of forgot what a national icon OJ was before he turned into a wife-beater and vicious murderer.
  9. R

Rickoray

To Rick's family and loved ones, that is not the preferred outcome.
  10. R

What was your first job?

My Social Security wage summer jobs as a youth, in order: 1. At age 16--Worked at a cattle feedlot owned by a family friend. Got to ride horses and force the cattle into the chute with electrical prods, where all sorts of additional tortures were inflicted (e.g.--cut their balls off; force...
  11. R

What was your first job?

You can dance again. There are many local opportunities, wherever you live.
  12. R

Positive thoughts for RickORay...

This is terrible. He has a lot of family and friends.
  13. R

Rickoray

You have this, Rick.
  14. R

what'z on the menu?

I'm trying to cut down on sodium, but not flavor and protein. The dish for tonight is spiced up unsalted black beans, over a bed of fresh spinach, with sliced avocado and one or two over easy eggs and some Gringo Bandito hot sauce, plus a couple of local store-made corn tortillas.
  15. R

Divorce Thread better than book thread

The "great mom" part has to be key for you. If she was a "lousy mom", things would likely be more difficult.
  16. R

***Official Real Estate Thread***

That house is in Dana Point and is anchored deep in bedrock. It isn't even red-tagged. Still, I'm glad I don't own it.
  17. R

Fav hot sauce's?

Trader Joe's sells a fairly hot and tasty habanero salsa which works pretty well. https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/extra-hot-habanero-ghost-pepper-salsa-059417
  18. R

If ilegales park their panga on a beach and leave it can anyone take it?

I wonder how much that cost each of the panga passengers, from travel to and pickup in Northern Baja to drop off in La Jolla. I'll bet it was a lot; probably all they had. How scary it must be for them to risk everything for a chance to make a little money.
  19. R

How many times has your car been robbed while surfing?

Absolutely yes they will get charged. The toll authority will charge the rental company, which in turn will charge the renter, likely with a markup. That is why rental car companies make you swipe your credit card.
  20. R

I appreciate you

It's an even nicer way to say "thank you." That's it. Not worth overthinking.