Search results

1. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

That'll grab you a big west peak from way outside! Rode a longboard Friday afternoon at Sunset, no leash, there were a couple legit 6 footers, super fun, great direction, barely any wind. I got cleaned up at one point and had to swim in to Vals to retrieve my board (lucky) but I managed to get...
  2. jamesgang

"Air" Time !

So nuts. 29er? Love that there is no music, just freewheel and tires. :jamon:
  3. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

The phrase "tilting at windmills" comes to mind
  4. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

Your amp doesn't go to 11?
  5. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

No, 6' in Hawaii is double overhead, whereas 6' in California is... rare.
  6. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

Mel passed away, but Clark still rips it and so does his son.
  7. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

You seem unusually eager to chime in on a thread you have no real practical knowledge about. I mean, maybe you'd blow everyone in the Sunset lineup away straight off the plane, but I'm skeptical.
  8. jamesgang

History / Memories of the erBB

What a bunch of sentimental bullshit! Why don't you all go blow donkeys for wooden nickels!
  9. jamesgang

Gliders....

Gliders are so awesome, but they are really made for surf-along-the-way paddle missions. Haggerty's to Lunada, Westward to Paradise Cove, Zeros to Broad Beach, County Line to Zeros, that kind of stuff. I can see why Skip Frye was in such heaven surfing all those reefs in SD on one, you could...
  10. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

I ride a shortboard up to double overhead. But the difference between a 4' wave (couple feet overhead) and a 6' wave (straight up DOH) is huge at Sunset. The difference between an 8' wave and a 10' wave seems waaaaaay more than 2'. 12' waves are straight up scary, and when it moves out to the...
  11. jamesgang

When did the lineups get so crowded?

Been lots of "close calls" reported in the last two weeks. Bump bump :shark:I hate Sharktober
  12. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

If you are really intent on pushing it at Sunset on big winter swells and you are not familiar with the wave, don't go less than 8'0" and go thick. You will be in survival mode for the first several surfs, just trying to get from the peak to the channel. No shame in that. It's pretty heavy. Koa...
  13. jamesgang

Sunset Guns

When it's 10-12' and windy and a good deal of west and 60 guys out, you won't get a single wave on anything less. Stare down a proper 12 footer with wind coming up the face and that 9'0" isn't gonna feel so big...
  14. jamesgang

When did the lineups get so crowded?

I haven't surfed with a leash in a few months. Makes everything better.
  15. jamesgang

History / Memories of the erBB

REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL HELD HANDS AND BUMPED DICKHEADS ON THAT ONE THREAD
  16. jamesgang

Hawaii- Done

If you are from SF and buy something sight unseen in my neighborhood... you are in for a surprise. The three families at the end of the street that are all intermarried/related and block the road with massive trucks while they drink beer? Yeah, they aren't moving. Best grab some beers and a...
  17. jamesgang

Michael Tomson dead?

The post-bump drip mixes with the HPV and just wrecks sh!t
  18. jamesgang

RIP Sunny Garcia?

Yeah I noticed the same thing that night. The guy had demons. Everyone always talks about how gnarly the west side is. I have two friends who teach at Waianae High School, one local and one haole, and they have told me some things that will haunt ME for life. Generational poverty sucks, and...
  19. jamesgang

Michael Tomson dead?

Cocaine had a Michael Tomson problem!
  20. jamesgang

Any Other Marital Artists Out There?

Nice! You definitely got that "cat who finally caught the canary" look haha