Search results

1. T

The guy who set himself on fire outside Trump's trial was a poster here...

Speaking of crowd (or lack there of), love this video of them at Cal State Fullerton
  2. T

The Skaters of the ERBB

Love Van Wastell. This part is lower impact but probably my favorite of his. Relatable (ha, yeah right) but stylish ripping.
  3. T

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Most north zone of the beach twice in the past week. Last Tuesday looked awful but I drove down anyways, found a couple fun funky wedges that offered some meager headdips and sections to hit. I was sore as hell from the gym and wasn’t moving too quickly. Today late morning. Getting over a cold...
  4. T

Same spot today, this time with the lunch crowd. Similar to yesterday just smaller and more organized. Took a bit for me to get in a rhythm with the whack-a-mole wedges popping up at random but ended up finding a couple fun ones. Down the beach syndrome in full effect, kept seeing guys on good...
  5. T

Quick sesh late morning just before the wind fully turned. Paddled out at VFWs, got halfway out and realized the outer bar waves were just burgering into nothing after a second or two so I paddled north a little to try and sit on an inner bar wedge. Took a while of waiting and paddling to get in...
  6. T

North zone of the beach early afternoon today, light onshore wind but still clean, funky shallow wedges, chest-shoulderish high. More of the same from yesterday, a lot closed or burgered out, but the one’s that lined up a little were fun for a little turn, head dip, eat sh!t and get dragged...
  7. T

Quick sesh around noon today, same zone as Friday. Pretty fun dumpy double ups. Couple wiggles, found a nice little head dip on one, and also pearled and ate sh!t in the shallows on a double up to keep it interesting. Still babying my back which for some reason made me feel slow to my feet when...
  8. T

Super nice looking conditions around 4 pm last night, felt like a late September day with the heat and offshores. Beach roads/lots were packed, felt more like HB during the US Open than SF. Despite how nice it looked, I didn’t really luck into any good ones. Most either mushed out to sea or were...
  9. T

Hello everyone,who wants to talk about old times on the erbb

Did you used to post a lot of clips of yourself surfing? Early gopro stuff? If so, I remember you. Welcome back :shaka:
  10. T

Short sessions today and yesterday, same zone mid beach. Yesterday was a beaut of a day conditions-wise. However, the handful of waves I caught were mostly walled, a few were more solid than I thought it would be once I got to the bottom, stood tall, and looked up at a well overhead wall about...
  11. T

Divorce Thread better than book thread

God damn, nailed it. I say this while exactly halfway through a CRNA (DNP :sick:) program
  12. T

Pitt's Pub - Dive Bar in San Francisco

White Cap I think? Wouldn’t mind stopping by Riptide sometime soon though.:beer:
  13. T

Yesterday 8-10am: mid beach looked crowded on the cams, opted to surf alone at the north end. Funky wedges, the best ones seemed to always be 20 yards from where I was, a couple here and there were pitching pretty square too but would mostly pinch. Regardless, still got a fun couple head dips...
  14. T

Quick session at north zone of the Beach late morning, nearly peak 6’ high tide. Middle zone looked disorganized and not worth it. Buoys were reading ~6ft @ 17 sec but wasn’t really reflecting that on the cams with the tide so I grabbed a standard shortboard. Dumpy HH+/- on the inner bar, some...
  15. T

***The Official Running Thread***

You might be on to something… 1:11 half in Crocs! :socrazy: https://fox59.com/news/teen-finishes-16th-in-500-festival-mini-marathon-while-wearing-crocs/
  16. T

Shirked responsibility the past 2 days with lots of stress and limited time: Yesterday— mid beach looked solid/messy late morning-noonish with no takers, opted for VFWs since there were 2-3 other people out, grabbed my 7’0”. Annoying paddle, ended up caught inside of an inner bar double up...
  17. T

Caught inside

For sure, definitely less claustrophobic feeling I think…. however, I wear contacts. :bricks:
  18. T

Caught inside

I now sort of separate my surfing life into pre-OB and current. Pre-OB, my most interesting time getting caught inside was at Balangan in Bali (if you remember one of AB’s/BaliIdiot‘s pics on an absolute freight train of a wave—it was probably this spot). I wasn’t surfing it anywhere near his...
  19. T

How many times has your car been robbed while surfing?

Holy fuckin sh!t man, what a nightmare (understatement of the year). Sorry to hear that
  20. T

Pro surfers/no insurance/begging for money on GoFundMe

”discovered” surfing in college and surf at your level now? Damn!