Search results

1. Retropete

What's your favourite alternative board video?

This clip from Castles in the Sky of Rasta riding McNeill's (esp the Bollywood in the first part) in India keeps me coming back to watch it. Like the Tabla tunes as well.
  2. Retropete

Lost RNF96 round tail.

New model incoming? 2:22 min mark onwards.
  3. Retropete

Can't figure out how to delete this.
  4. Retropete

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone. Ho! Ho! Mason Ho!
  5. Retropete

FCS infills for Future boxes.

Remember when you could buy the converter infills from Wasabi surf that would allow you to run FCS two tab fins in a Futures box? Is there anyone still making them? Anyone still have a set? With the advent of 3D printing seems would be a good way to get a set made up from the originals as they...
  6. Retropete

Nicholas Cage: The Surfer!

What's the plot line? Covid lockdown adult learner man vs the sea?
  7. Retropete

Off to the Philippines: Packing boards for a trip...which ones to take is the brain fryer for trips.

Heading off to the Philippines (Siargao island) for 16 days tomorrow morning. The Philippines are a notoriously fickle surf destination. First week is going to be 1'. Second week there's swell inbound and forecast has it building to 3m at 12 days from now, which is as far as the forecast site I...
  8. Retropete

Surfboard length vs volume video

Worth a watch: discuss.
  9. Retropete

Everyone loves Snapper.

10. Retropete

Lost Crowd Killer...anyone ridden one?

Seems like there's plenty of swell for the crew in the West coast US as well as here on the East coast of Australia as we say goodbye to 2022. Anyone own or ridden a Lost crowd killer? If so can you share you it goes?
  11. Retropete

Random weird and/or interesting surf related videos.

Start off with this one. I often come across stuff on my Youtube feed or elsewhere that's worth posting so figured might as well make a thread where they can be shown. Got something different, interesting, weird or whatever: post it here.
  12. Retropete

Just in case you haven't seen the series: The Hold down

Depends upon if you dislike WSL commentator Ronnie Blakey or not, with his brother Vaughan taking a light hearted look at various surfing topics.
  13. Retropete

Swellnet: throwing the cat amongst the pigeons.

https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2022/04/21/open-letter-the-devout-brazilian-roman-catholic-surfers-the-wct The comments section lit up.
  14. Retropete

Micro grom on micro board...so stocked!

Too cool not to post. How's the claim at the end...Ha ha!
  15. Retropete

Videos of Japanese dudes riding alt shapes in Japanese waves

Came up on my You tube vids home page. Might be of interest for some. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7WhUPOfERgPPvddacLf4Q/videos
  16. Retropete

What board would you ride in these waves?