Search results

1. Retropete

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

The leash string is a through the board from the fin box one so is what is. The least of this dogs problems is how a leash attaches to it. I moved the fin forward before riding it. Not too much fin. Bit of an optical illusion with the pic angle.
  2. Retropete

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

Back to the Challenger series with you young George...thanks for coming! Jeebus! JJF!
  3. Retropete

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

Do you even surf Bro? :monkey:
  4. Retropete

It's a so so paddler around the flats which is normal for boards with significant belly in the front but doesn't glide into waves with anything special either. Once up and riding it just has a single gear feel. It's going as fast as it goes, resisting anything i could do to get it to giddy up...
  5. Retropete

New Surftech for you.
  6. Retropete

I'd lay money on the reason they have introduced it is to fill the gap that was left by the Harley Ingleby Mid6 being taken out of their board lineup by the loss of the Thunderbolt boards. It has more foam than the Mid6's in comparable sizes and is touted to have a better low end range, be more...
  7. Retropete

I bought this Christenson 7'2" tracker yesterday for about the price of a six pack and a carton of ciggies. Going to take it for a paddle soon. Hope it goes better than the 8' tracker 2.0 I bought new a few years back. That has the dubious distinction of being the worst midlength I've ever...
  8. Retropete

FCS vs. Futures Fin Cant

Good question. I prefer my fins installed on the bottom of my boards so I’ll just have to speculate on the answer to this one.
  9. Retropete

The GOAT is sliding down the mountain. Doesn’t make the cut and within days has brought out his first midlength clip. He’s never ridden this much volume hey. Should rename it the “Goat boat”.
  10. Retropete

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

Soooo pitted!
  11. Retropete

Varial RIP

After you're done sitting on them apparently you should be able to get the dents from your arse cheeks out of the deck with a hairdryer! ;) :p
  12. Retropete

Kai Lenny's new gun

Indeed they are...the ocean racers came from the lifesaving boards.
  13. Retropete

Kai Lenny's new gun

If we are tracing design history then I'd say that nose style on Surf lifesaving prone boards would pre-date the open ocean race boards. Mention this only as a bit of trivia. It's cool if it works and advances big wave riding.
  14. Retropete

Kai Lenny's new gun

Made me think about the noses on my two performance long fish fish shapes. The blue one is a DVS 7' rocket fish. Dick has been building open ocean race paddle boards for a very long time. The black railed one is a Gary McNeill 6'8" Entity. Gary doesn't make paddleboards as far as I know.
  15. Retropete

Tony Roberts on a Vernor

Watching that clip a while ago as a 61 year old I thought...yeah all well and good trying that when you have good waves with push and/or draw off a reef and also no crowd or a crowd of tourists you can out position through local knowledge.
  16. Retropete

Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

Weird. Haven't had a smooth chest wettie in years but remember sliding with it. Maybe your water has more run off in it than mine...yikes!
  17. Retropete

Yep...well most of it. Used it for years. I don't wear wetsuits that much but do know the wetsuits with smoothskin (is it still common?) on the chest slide around. I always wear a rashie so don't have any dramas with abrasion. Good with no need to de wax boards before putting them into multi...
  18. Retropete

i just put Versatraction on my black carbon fibre boards. No wax needed so wax melting becomes a moot point.
  19. Retropete

Random weird and/or interesting surf related videos.

Everywhere gets turned into a circus...even Shipsterns. The crowd... :bricks:Laura the loonie charging!
  20. Retropete

Hard edge rail full length

As usual all of what you wrote makes sense. After riding the recently acquired DVS 7' carbon rocket fish a couple of times it had me thinking I should order another one from Dick before he hangs up the planer. I'd order it with a wider nose to make it a touch better wave catcher so could extend...