Search results

1. S

Big Wave Quad fins

Interesting thread! It seems like several of the big wave quad designs are trending smaller, more upright/less rake.. I'm no big wave hellman but I do have 7'4 and 8'0 Padillacs with the Padi fins sets, never tried switching them out because they feel so good. I believe the Padi quad rears are...
  2. S

Conan Hayes is unindicted co-conspirator #21 in Georgia?

At least, according to CNN he is.. https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/17/politics/trump-georgia-30-unindicted-co-conspirators/index.html That's pretty nuts! I remember his part in "Thicker Than Water," can't believe that was 23 years ago..
  3. S

Epoxy Step-Ups and Mini-Guns???

I have a 6'8 Rusty Blackbird made with 2 lb. stringered EPS and 6E, 4S-glass top and 6E bottom that works great in bigger stuff. If your local shaper does a lot of these than I'd say go for it...
  4. S

Kneeboard Design

Will give that a shot, thanks!
  5. S

Kneeboard Design

Cool to see this thread resurface from 2018! I bought a kneeboard (used 5'10 Blast tri-fin round tail, forward fin placement, FCS boxes) while recovering from an Achilles tear in 2008 and enjoyed the heck out of it for about 9 months. Then back in garage until I hurt my foot last month, had to...
  6. S

Padillac glassing?

I think it's 6x6 top, single layer 6 on bottom.. Pyzel posts on here occasionally, maybe he'll chime in!
  7. S

Which is your ultimate fav Groveler?

Nice board! What are the dims and do you have a ride report for us or too new??
  8. S

SurFinZ fin boxes

I've got a Bulkley custom with those fin boxes. The original FCS(1?) fins fit perfectly, and you can adjust a little bit front/back, maybe 1/8th of an inch. I've had the board for almost a decade now, and no problems at all with the boxes.. My 2 cents.
  9. S

G10 fins - too stiff for daily driver?

Lots of interesting replies, thanks everyone.. I guess I'm going to have to try a set in my favorite template and see how it goes!
  10. S

G10 fins - too stiff for daily driver?

What does the erBB hive mind think? My only experience has been with the old-style FCS full carbon construction, which I felt was waaaay too stiff. That, and they would whistle and hum like crazy. I'm assuming that G10 construction (see NVS Apex line) will have a similar feel. So, any G10 fans...
  11. S

WTB Stretch quad fins - Futures

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/carlsbad-the-stretch-quad-futures/7250199502.html
  12. S

Which is your ultimate fav Groveler?

I'll probably cop a hard time for admitting it, but my all-time favorite grovel board is a 5'9 Firewire baked potato. I'm 5'11 and 195 lbs for reference.
  13. S

Best custom order experience

In the last three months, I've ordered boards from both Rusty and Pyzel. Both were done through their websites, with followup conversations via email/text. The Rusty arrived after exactly 8 weeks, the Pyzel was more like 10.. Rusty was EPS with custom dims, glassing and airbrush, while Pyzel was...
  14. S

Best boar in your quiver?

That's a good question! I feel like every board in my quiver is meant for different wave sizes/conditions.. For waist to head high beachbreak, I've gotta go with my 6'2 JS Monsta Box. Practically surfs itself!
  15. S

Superbrand Fling

It seems like the consensus opinion here is don't go too high volume.. Personally, my experience with my over-sized Fling has been amazing. Granted, this is the only Fling I've ever ridden, so there's that.. I'm 5'11, 190 and my magic number is 34 liters for an HPSB. I bought my Fling...
  16. S

*** Official Fin Thread ***

I'd also like to know what the dims are on these.. I wonder how close they are to the EA quads??
  17. S

Creepiest surf spots

Blacks! :ROFLMAO:
  18. S

Boards on Roof, blown off?

My buddy called me up one afternoon after we'd surfed Blacks together earlier that day. He had placed his board on top of the car after our session and somehow forgotten to strap it down. He only realized this after returning home to PB via the 5 freeway, and somehow the board didn't fly off...
  19. S

So, I bought a Thai board...

For whatever it's worth, mine is a bit overvolumed as well - I'm 5'11, 190 and my 5'10 is 38 liters. I don't think it's a drawback at all, just gives it more flow in the smaller/weaker stuff. You're gonna love that board, I can't say enough good things about it!
  20. S

So, I bought a Thai board...

I decided to do an experiment and give my 5'10 Fling another shot as a thruster. I absolutely love the board as a quad with the little futures knubster added. Tried the large channel islands template from Shaper's fins in core-lite construction. Unreal! It's like the board just surfs itself. I'm...